[net.micro.pc] Fortran compiler wanted

frankk@mcvax.UUCP (Frank Kuiper) (11/19/85)

Some time ago (in august) someone asked the net about a Fortran compiler
under DOS.

We are currently thinking about bying one, and would like as much
information as possible.

There were three compilers mentioned, as I remember.

	MS Fortran (V3.2?)
	DR Fortran 4.0
	IBM Professional Fortran

Please mail me your response.

Thanks,

--

               Frank
                                                                      ___

ac4@pucc-j (Tom Putnam) (11/25/85)

In article <892@mcvax.UUCP> frankk@mcvax.UUCP (Frank Kuiper) writes:

>Some time ago (in august) someone asked the net about a Fortran compiler
>under DOS. ...
>There were three compilers mentioned, as I remember.
>
>	MS Fortran (V3.2?)
>	DR Fortran 4.0
>	IBM Professional Fortran

Check PC Magazine, Volume 4, Number 26, Dated December 24, 1985, p.161-
The article discusses MS FORTRAN, IBM Professional FORTRAN, and
Leahy Computer Systems F77L.
--
Tom Putnam, Manager of User Services
Purdue University Computing Center

ARPANET: ac4@asc.Purdue.EDU
BITNET:  PUTNAMT@PURCCVM
CSNET:   ac4@purdue-asc-tn
USENET:  {decvax|harpo|ihnp4|inuxc|seismo|ucbvax}!pur-ee!pucc-j!ac4
USMAIL:  Mathematical Sciences Bldg.
	 West Lafayette, IN 47907
PHONE:	 317/494-1787