jbs@mit-eddie.UUCP (Jeff Siegal) (12/16/85)

In article <340@muddcs.UUCP> ifeldman@muddcs.UUCP (Ira Feldman) writes:
>Harvey Mudd College
>        Claremont, CA 91711

Well, what about it?

Jeff Siegal - MIT EECS (jbs@mit-eddie)

ifeldman@muddcs.UUCP (Ira Feldman) (12/21/85)

[Line eater take this...]

It seems that a line eater somewhere ate not only my "guard line"
BUT THE ENTIRE MESSAGE. So, let me try again:

Has anyone had any experience with L(ocal) A(rea) N(etworks) for the IBM pc?

Specifically I need to link up several pc's to an AT and use it as a file
server and to run an inhouse database.

I need information on operating software and hardware. I need to know about
the various field/record/file locking capabilities.  If you have had any
experience with specific setups please let me know by mail.  If there is
enough interest I will summarize and post to the net.

Ira Feldman
uucp:   allegra!scgvaxd!muddcs!ifeldman
BITNET: IFELDMAN@FOURCC
USnail: Platt Campus Center