[net.micro.pc] Forth

ted@imsvax.UUCP (Ted Holden) (01/03/86)

Rich Kulawiec writes:

>In summary (speaking for myself, not Don), I strongly recommend that you avoid
>Forth.  If I were you, I'd resort to using assebly language first; you'll
>have a better chance of producing debuggable, robust, and maintainable code.

That's telling it like it is.  My sentiments upon reading "Starting Forth" and
unfortunately having to deal with it to some extent on a first generation 68K
oem machine were that any programmer who would WANT to program in Forth would
have to be a masochist, and any manager who would ALLOW him to would have to
be crazy.