[net.micro.pc] Lattice "C" version 2.20 ???

cbk@se-sd.UUCP (cbk) (01/29/86)

[ ... ]

   About 6 months ago I heard a rumor that Lattice was coming out with
a version 2.20, which was going to support void, structure assignment,
and other nice things.  Can anyone confirm or deny this?

==========
Carl Kuck      UseNet : {wherever}!sdcsvax!ncr-sd!se-sd!cbk
               PacBell: (619) 450-6271 (w)
                              944-1705 (h)

Quote #1: Only those who attempt the absurd can achieve the impossible.
Quote #2: 55 mph isn't a good idea, it's just the law...

dyer@harvard.UUCP (Steve Dyer) (01/30/86)

Lattice C 3.0 supports most ANSI and late UNIX conventions, and seems to
have been produced in response to the success of Microsoft C 3.0.  I just
received my copy late last week and haven't had a chance to use it.  For
people with versions 2.1 and later, it's a $50 upgrade.
--
/Steve Dyer
dyer@harvard.harvard.edu

prs@aicchi.UUCP (Schmidt) (01/31/86)

In article <28@se-sd.UUCP> cbk@se-sd.UUCP (Carl Kuck) writes:
>[ ... ]
>
>   About 6 months ago I heard a rumor that Lattice was coming out with
>a version 2.20, which was going to support void, structure assignment,
>and other nice things.  Can anyone confirm or deny this?

>Carl Kuck

	I called them recently and they told me they've skipped straight from
V2.15 to 3.0, and yes they said that void's, structure assignments, enums,
in-line 8087 code, and support for the 3.1 networking functions were among
the bells and whistles they added to it.  Has anyone out there used V3.0 yet
and if so could you give us a little more info?  Thanx much.

				Paul R. Schmidt
				..ihnp4!aicchi!prs
				..ihnp4!chinet!gahan