[net.micro.pc] Vaporware prize

ted@imsvax.UUCP (02/07/86)

Is there an annual prize for Vapor-ware in the computer world anywhere?
I would like to nominate Wendin Inc. with their $50 UNIX package (what
some claim UNIX is worth) for the prize if there is one.  Has anyone
ever advertised and taken money for a software product four months before
it is available before??

jay@ethos.UUCP (Jay Denebeim) (02/10/86)

In article <509@imsvax.UUCP>, ted@imsvax.UUCP (Ted Holden) writes:
> Has anyone
> ever advertised and taken money for a software product four months before
> it is available before??

	Not this week anyway.  It's not uncommon at all in the micro-computer
world to see adds six months to a year before the first unit goes out the door.

--
Jay Denebeim				"One world, one egg, one basket."
  {seismo,decvax,ihnp4}!mcnc!rti-sel!ethos!jay

jabusch@uiucdcsb.CS.UIUC.EDU (02/13/86)

	How about Microsoft's Windows?  It seems to me that there were
almost two years between the original announcement and the actual release,
although I may be mistaking an unofficial leak for the original announce-
ment.

John W. Jabusch
        CSNET:	jabusch%uiuc@csnet-relay.ARPA
	UUCP:	{ihnp4,convex,pur-ee}!uiucdcs!jabusch
        ARPA:	jabusch@uiuc.arpa