[net.micro.pc] Extra memory for Sanyo

riedl@purdue.UUCP (John T Riedl) (02/17/86)

I have a Sanyo MBC-555 PC with 256K.  When I bought the computer I was
told that this was an upper limit.  Does anyone know if more is
possible?  I am especially interested in recommendations from other
Sanyo owners of tried and true methods.

Please respond directly to me, and I will summarize to the net if
there is enough interest.

Thank you,
John Riedl
{ucbvax,decvax,hplabs}!purdue!riedl  -or-  riedl@mordred.purdue.edu
--
John Riedl
{ucbvax,decvax,hplabs}!purdue!riedl  riedl@mordred.purdue.edu

jons@islenet.UUCP (Jonathan Spangler) (02/23/86)

In article <495@mordred.purdue.UUCP> riedl@purdue.UUCP (John T Riedl) writes:

>I have a Sanyo MBC-555 PC with 256K.  When I bought the computer I was
>told that this was an upper limit.  Does anyone know if more is
>possible?  I am especially interested in recommendations from other

Yes it is possible to expand beyond 256K. In fact, you can go to 960K
with an expansion board from:

	Rocky Mountain Micro
	PO Box 1693
	Sandy, Utah  84091
	(801) 572-6272

The bare board sells for $149.95 with 0K, with other options available.
This is straight from the horses mouth as my father is President of
the Hawaii Sanyo Users Group (HSUG).

Aloha,
--
Jonathan Spangler