[net.micro.pc] Wanted: du for PCs ???

cbk@se-sd.UUCP (cbk) (04/01/86)

[ Insert generic programming superstition here ]

Does anybody in net.microland know of an implementation of the UNIX "du"
command for PCs?  Either public-domain or otherwise is fine, but I'd
prefer source written in C.  Mail (see below) suggestions to me, ISIIS (*).
AdTHANKSvance!

(*) ISIIS == If Sufficient Interest I'll Summarize

-- Carl Kuck  (apply all standard disclaimers to the preceeding babble)

UseNet (west) : {wherever}!sdcsvax!ncr-sd!se-sd!cbk
       (east) : {wherever}!ihnp4!ncr-sd!se-sd!cbk

PacBell: (619) 450-6271 (w), 944-1705 (h)

Only those who attempt the absurd can achieve the impossible.

halff@utah-cs.UUCP (Henry M. Halff) (04/02/86)

In article <47@se-sd.UUCP>, cbk@se-sd.UUCP (cbk) writes:
> Does anybody in net.microland know of an implementation of the UNIX "du"
> command for PCs?  Either public-domain or otherwise is fine, but I'd
> prefer source written in C.  Mail (see below) suggestions to me, ISIIS (*).

I can't give you C sources, but I just posted something like du that I wrote
some time ago in Turbo Pascal.  You can find it in net.sources under the name
SUPRTREE.  It comes in two parts, documentation, and source code.
--
Henry M. Halff                                       Halff Resources, Inc.
halff@utah-cs.ARPA                 4918 33rd Road, N., Arlington, VA 22207