[net.micro.pc] environment size option in MS-DOS 3.1

jcvw@ark.UUCP (JC van Winkel) (04/28/86)

I read some messages about the CONFIG.SYS line SHELL=..., but I cannot
find the the option used (/E:63) in the DOS 3.1 reference manual.
Not on the pages describing the SHELL option in CONFIG.SYS, nor on
the pages where COMMAND.COM is described along with its options.
The only options described are /P and /C.

Can anyone help me out?

akk2@ur-tut.UUCP (A Kacker) (04/30/86)

In article <730@ark.UUCP> jcvw@ark.UUCP (JC van Winkel) writes:
>I read some messages about the CONFIG.SYS line SHELL=..., but I cannot
>find the the option used (/E:63) in the DOS 3.1 reference manual.
>Not on the pages describing the SHELL option in CONFIG.SYS, nor on
>the pages where COMMAND.COM is described along with its options.
>The only options described are /P and /C.
>
>Can anyone help me out?

I suspect it is one of the many Undocumented features.