[net.micro.pc] asm80 for MSDOS

rli@aluxp.UUCP (INMAN) (05/20/86)

I have been trying to port the asm80 cross compiler which was recently posted to
net.sources to MSDOS.  The code compiles for UNIX SYS 5, but does not compile
for CI C86.  It compiles but doesn't execute properly for Ecosoft C.  Has anyone
successfully ported this program to MSDOS or anyone have any suggestions on what
common pitfalls are in the porting process.

Thanks in advance,
Bob Inman

Email:  {ihnp4}!aluxp!rli
Phone:  215 770-2705

ching@amd.UUCP (Mike Ching) (05/22/86)

In article <> rli@aluxp.UUCP (INMAN) writes:
>I have been trying to port the asm80 cross compiler which was recently posted to
>net.sources to MSDOS.  The code compiles for UNIX SYS 5, but does not compile
>for CI C86.  It compiles but doesn't execute properly for Ecosoft C.  Has anyone
>successfully ported this program to MSDOS or anyone have any suggestions on what
>common pitfalls are in the porting process.
>
>Thanks in advance,
>Bob Inman
>
>Email:  {ihnp4}!aluxp!rli
>Phone:  215 770-2705

for CI86:
Add #define rewind(a) fseek(a,0L,0
Change all occurances of %0X to %0x in formatted print statements

There may be others that I've forgotten but I think those two are
all that's needed.