[net.micro.pc] Multiple Winchesters On A Western Di

access@iuvax.UUCP (05/25/86)

  I think it depends on the ROM that came with the card.  I have a
WD controller on which I am running 2 20 meg drives.  The 34 pin
cable has to be replaced with a two connector cable or be fixed with
a 34 pin connector from Radio Shack or similar store.  J2 should be
connected to the second drive.  That's about as far as I can recall
at the moment.  Someone else please take it from here!

Bob  access@iubacs (bitnet)  access@iuvax (uucp)

rob@gould9.UUCP (rob) (06/03/86)

In article <1500056@iuvax.UUCP>, access@iuvax.UUCP writes:

>   I think it depends on the ROM that came with the card.  I have a
> WD controller on which I am running 2 20 meg drives.  The 34 pin
> cable has to be replaced with a two connector cable or be fixed with
> a 34 pin connector from Radio Shack or similar store.  J2 should be
> connected to the second drive.  That's about as far as I can recall
> at the moment.  Someone else please take it from here!
>
> Bob  access@iubacs (bitnet)  access@iuvax (uucp)

The card I have had an upgraded rom of 3.92 it is an everex
card and the book says any two drives can be connected to it
I don't have any experience with the two drive config but
I do knoew someone who does maybe he can help you.
His name is sid and he can be reached at 619-464-7468.

Hope this helps you out...

					Rob @GOULD9

--

Rob Gwaltney     San Diego,CA

{cbosgd,ihnp4,sdcsvax,ucla-cs}!gould9!rob
{seismo!s3sun,hplabs!hp-sdd,sun!suntan}!gould9!rob
rob%gould9.uucp@NOSC.ARPA