[net.micro.pc] ega

U0N@PSUVM.BITNET (06/04/86)

I was wondering if anyone in netland knows what the two RCA phono
connectors are used for on the EGA card?  I have looked in the
IBM's Technical Ref Manual and all it says is that they are
reserved.  Does anyone out there have any thoughts?

John Kalbach
Penn State University
Microcomputer Information and Support Center
103 Computation Center
University Park, PA 16802
(814) 863-4356

 ...!psuvax1!psuvm.bitnet!u0n
 u0n%psuvm.bitnet@wscvm.arpa

ear@duke.UUCP (Eric A. Raymond) (06/07/86)

In article <5768U0N@PSUVM> U0N@PSUVM.BITNET writes:
>I was wondering if anyone in netland knows what the two RCA phono
>connectors are used for on the EGA card?  I have looked in the

Could they be for analog output to a composite monitor?

Could one be for a lightpen?

Just guessing though....

--
Eric A. Raymond                                   UUCP: ...decvax!mcnc!duke!ear