[net.micro.pc] Zenith 241 at 8MHz?

u557593877ea@ucdavis.UUCP (Bruce K. Martin Jr.) (06/07/86)

  I am strongly considering the purchase of a Zenith 241 AT clone.  My
only reservation at this point is that it runs at 6MHz.  Has anyone
successfully installed a higher frequency clock crystal in the 241.  I would
appreciate hearing anything, good or bad.  Thanks a million.
				       bruce...

--
 Bruce K. Martin Jr. [UUCP] ...{dual,lll-crg,ucbvax}!ucdavis!deneb!u557593877ea
 (916) 756-6518      [ARPA] ucdavis!deneb!u557593877ea@ucbvax.berkeley.edu

     "You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to..."
                                         Pink Floyd

access@iuvax.UUCP (06/09/86)

The Zenith 241 is a fairly fast 6mhz and I haven't tried a crystal
replacement because its not my machine.  However, Zenith now makes
an 8mhz machine from what I hear.  You might try to find it instead.
Bob    access@iuvax uucp    access@iubacs  bitnet

davidsen@steinmetz.UUCP (Davidsen) (06/17/86)

In article <1500057@iuvax.UUCP> access@iuvax.UUCP writes:

>The Zenith 241 is a fairly fast 6mhz and I haven't tried a crystal
>replacement because its not my machine.  However, Zenith now makes
>an 8mhz machine from what I hear.  You might try to find it instead.

My dealer gives me this info:
  1) the model is 248
  2) the military has ordered more than Zenith can supply
  3) because of (2) it won't be available to the public for awhile
--
	-bill davidsen

  ihnp4!seismo!rochester!steinmetz!--\
                                       \
                    unirot ------------->---> crdos1!davidsen
                          chinet ------/
         sixhub ---------------------/        (davidsen@ge-crd.ARPA)

"Stupidity, like virtue, is its own reward"