[net.micro.pc] request for an executable micro emacs posting

petera@utcsri.UUCP (Smith) (06/18/86)

   Hello net,

     Since micro emacs was floating around the net in source form a while
back it has presumably been compiled and is running on some systems out
there. If someone has a version that will run on an MS-DOS BIOS compatible
perhaps they would consider posting a uuencoded arc of the executable and
manual. I am sure there are lots of people who would like to try the
program but don't want to take the time to port it to their compiler/library
etc.

     Oh, while I'm at it, thanks to Dan Grayson and Larry Campbell for the
'make' program they posted a while back. It's super.

     And, what happend to 'conch'? Has the author fixed some of the
bugs? It could be a very usable program with some more work.

     Peter Ashwood-Smith,
     University of Toronto.

jimb@tekcbi.UUCP (Jim Boland) (06/24/86)

In article <2992@utcsri.UUCP>, petera@utcsri.UUCP (Smith) writes:

>      Since micro emacs was floating around the net in source form a while
> back it has presumably been compiled and is running on some systems out
> there. If someone has a version that will run on an MS-DOS BIOS compatible
> perhaps they would consider posting a uuencoded arc of the executable and
> manual. I am sure there are lots of people who would like to try the
> program but don't want to take the time to port it to their compiler/library
> etc.
>
>      Peter Ashwood-Smith,

I have posted a uuencoded version of Microemacs 3.6 to net.sources.  It
has been renamed ME36J to note that it is modified slightly from original
but it remains mostly the original authors work and credit should be given
to them.