[net.micro.pc] ega rca connectors

johnl@ima.UUCP (John R. Levine) (06/25/86)

In article <7309@duke.UUCP> ear@duke.UUCP (Eric A. Raymond) writes:
>In article <5768U0N@PSUVM> U0N@PSUVM.BITNET writes:
>>I was wondering if anyone in netland knows what the two RCA phono
>>connectors are used for on the EGA card?  ...
>Could they be for analog output to a composite monitor?
>Could one be for a lightpen?

Nope.  They go to a "feature connector" on the card.  The signals brought
to that connector are all video ones, so it's my impression that the IBM
folks intended it either for mushing up into composite video or more likely
for various sorts of signal mixing with other video signals such as those
from an optical video disk.  Never seen anything that actually attaches to
the connector, though.
--
John R. Levine, Javelin Software Corp., Cambridge MA +1 617 494 1400
{ ihnp4 | decvax | cbosgd | harvard | yale }!ima!johnl, Levine@YALE.EDU