[net.micro.pc] PC-DOS 3.20 ECHO OFF and other patches

brown@nicmad.UUCP (07/08/86)

[Here line-eater.  Come boy!  I have this nice treat for you!!!]

Well, I went and did it.  I found the spots in the PC-DOS 3.20 COMMAND.COM
file that control the spots for ECHO OFF.

The code between 3.10 and 3.20 wasn't really different, so the patch was
real easy to find.

You will need both of these patches installed.  When I did these I discovered
that the first one only does batch files, non inclusive of AUTOEXEC.BAT.
The second one only does the AUTOEXEC.BAT file.  So, you can do either of
the patches or both.

For non AUTOEXEC.BAT batch files:

DEBUG COMMAND.COM
-E 1B2C <cr>
xxxx:1B2C  01.00<cr>
-W<cr>
-Q<cr>

For AUTOEXEC.BAT:

DEBUG COMMAND.COM
-E 115E <cr>
xxxx:115E  03.02<cr>
-W<cr>
-Q<cr>

I also looked for the other two COMMAND.COM patches that were posted for
DOS 3.10.

The first one was for ECHO displaying a blank line if ECHO was followed
by two spaces.  (Which is hard to create in some word processors)

Note:  The following has been found, but NOT tested.

DEBUG COMMAND.COM
-E 3A88 <cr>
xxxx:3A88  E8.83  20.F9  00.02  74.72<cr>
-W<cr>
-Q<cr>

This next one was the CLS error in PC-DOS 3.10.  In PC-DOS 3.20 it has
been corrected.  So, there is nothing to do.

Enjoy the patches.
--

		  ihnp4------\
		harvard-\     \

bc@cyb-eng.UUCP (07/15/86)

> This next one was the CLS error in PC-DOS 3.10.  In PC-DOS 3.20 it has
> been corrected.  So, there is nothing to do.
> --
> Mr. Video

Thanks for the patches.  But what CLS error in PC DOS 3.1?  I must have missed
the net discussion of it.
--
bc				Bill Crews @ NetCor Data International, Inc

..!{seismo,gatech,ihnp4}!ut-sally!cyb-eng!bc  (512) 835-2266

brown@nicmad.UUCP (07/16/86)

In article <913@cyb-eng.UUCP> bc@cyb-eng.UUCP (Bill Crews) writes:
>> This next one was the CLS error in PC-DOS 3.10.  In PC-DOS 3.20 it has
>> been corrected.  So, there is nothing to do.
>> --
>> Mr. Video
>
>Thanks for the patches.  But what CLS error in PC DOS 3.1?  I must have missed
>the net discussion of it.

You're welcome.

According to the PC-DOS 3.10 patches that I have, the CLS command would try and
clear 26 lines on the screen, instead of 25.