[net.micro.pc] C libraries for Windowing, graphics etc., question, help!

reza0@ihlpl.UUCP (H. Reza Zarafshar) (08/06/86)

	I am planning on buying a C compiler for my PC.  I am thinking
of Mark Williams C programming system not their "let's C".  I would
like to hear from those who have tried any windowing/graphics libraries
with any C compiler.  is Mark Williams a good choice for these?

	Please give me any help you can regarding what to buy, what I
should watch for and what's is really a good product so that I can
write some C code that will allow me to create pop-up type windows
etc.

Reza Zarafshar
ATT BL
(312)979-5104
ihnp4!ihlpl!reza0

jsm@vax1.ccs.cornell.edu (Jonathan Meltzer) (08/08/86)

In article <1166@ihlpl.UUCP> reza0@ihlpl.UUCP (H. Reza Zarafshar) writes:

>	I am planning on buying a C compiler for my PC.  I am thinking
>of Mark Williams C programming system not their "let's C".  I would
>like to hear from those who have tried any windowing/graphics libraries
>with any C compiler.  is Mark Williams a good choice for these?
>
>	Please give me any help you can regarding what to buy, what I
>should watch for and what's is really a good product so that I can
>write some C code that will allow me to create pop-up type windows
>etc.
>
>Reza Zarafshar
>ATT BL
>(312)979-5104
>ihnp4!ihlpl!reza0

Before you buy anything, get the latest issue of Dr Dobbs, containing
reviews of all IBM PC C compilers available. They liked Microsoft 4.0
(comprehensive) and Datalight (good and cheap).

Our project just got a copy of the Entelekon C function library. Will let
you know how good it is as soon as I have time to evaluate it.

Jon Meltzer
Dept. of Modern Languages and Linguistics, Cornell University
"Disclaimer" is a trademark of Bell Laboratories.