[net.micro.pc] Get & Put in C

sword@vu-vlsi.UUCP (Ronin) (08/08/86)

>In article <356@aecom.UUCP> werner@aecom.UUCP (Craig Werner) writes:
>>
>>      Does anyone either have PD code that implements the IBM BASIC
>>graphic functions GET and PUT in C, or have recommendations on which
>>commerical C library contains these?
>

>BLAISE COMPUTING, 2034 BLAKE Street, Berkeley, CA 94704, (415) 540-5441

>Cost of CTOOLS library, including source is $125
>
>Supports Microsoft, Lattice, and C86 C compilers.

        If you wish to spend the money for this, the BLAISE
tools are great.  But if you have an 8086 Macro Assembler,
and wish to try to do this for free (and it can be done), I
would recommend looking at two articles found in PC TECH
Journal.

        The first one (which goes back quite a ways) provides an
excerpt from a graphics workbook which gives assembly routines
for plotting points, drawing lines and all the functions which can
be done by the Basica PSET and LINE statements.  The second
article can be found in the July 1986 issue of the magazine,
which provides several version of a PUT routine in C.  The
subroutines are written for Mark Williams, Microsoft & Lattice.

        In order to make the assembly routines work, you have to
set up the segment structure properly for each particular
compiler, but after that it should be okay.

        If people are interested, I'll post the sources to the
net.

Ref: 1st article - March 1984, Vol 1, No.6, page 38
     2nd article -  July 1986, Vol 4, No.6, page 46

--

Larry Esmonde

        "Tell her, she wins if she'll just shut up."
                                        - B. Springsteen

   ...ihnp4!psuvax1!vu-vlsi!excalibur!159628317
   ...burdvax!excalibur!159628317