[net.micro.pc] Multinational Char Sets Query | A CHINESE CHAR Package

tslu@oliveb.UUCP (Shang Lu) (09/03/86)

> Date:     Mon, 25 Aug 86 09:48 EST
> From:     STANKULI%cs.umass.edu@CSNET-RELAY.ARPA
> To:       INFO-IBMPC@B.ISI.EDU
> Subject:  Multinational Char Sets Query
>
>   i am writing a grant proposal which involves natural language processing
> in different languages.  could someone send me information on what is
> required to display foreign character sets in IBM  pc/xt/at and use them
> under program control?  i read Infoworld and PC Week, but do not remember
> seeing any information on use of multinational character sets.
>
>   i do not read this conference, so reply to my home address please.
> thanks,
>        stan
>
>                    STANKULI@UMASS-CS.CSNET

     The most popular CHINESE CHARACTER PACKAGE so far is the KCCDS system.
You can mix English with Chinese characters, and it supports lots popular
software packages: LOTUS 1-2-3, DBASE III, .....etc, it comes as 6 diskettes
and a beautifully written 400-page manual.

     The price is $145 for pc/xt version, and $175 for pc/at version. To
order call Jumbo Electronics @ (415)961-9718 after 7:30pm Pacific time,
or on weekends.