[net.micro.pc] Microsoft C 4.0 Update Problems

wampler@unmvax.UUCP (Bruce Wampler) (09/16/86)

    Even though I sent in my registration card a long while ago, I
never received my update card from Microsoft for C 4.0.  Since the
$150 update offer expires Oct 1, I gave up waiting.  If you are
registered, call Microsoft customer service (206/882-8088), and they
can check your name in some data base.  If you are there, they will
take a credit card number and let you order the update by phone.
You may have to insist you want to do it this way rather than wait
for them to send you a card.
--
Dr. Bruce E. Wampler
University of New Mexico

..{ucbvax | seismo!gatech | ihnp4!lanl}!unmvax!wampler

farren@hoptoad.uucp (Mike Farren) (09/18/86)

In article <390@unmvax.UUCP> wampler@unmvax.UUCP (Bruce Wampler) writes:

>    Even though I sent in my registration card a long while ago, I
>never received my update card from Microsoft for C 4.0.  Since the
>$150 update offer expires Oct 1, I gave up waiting.  If you are
>registered, call Microsoft customer service (206/882-8088), and they
>can check your name in some data base.  If you are there, they will
>take a credit card number and let you order the update by phone.
>You may have to insist you want to do it this way rather than wait
>for them to send you a card.

I called Microsoft today; they say that the offer has been extended, but
didn't say till when.

--
                 "... if the church put in half the time on covetousness