[net.micro.pc] CrossTalk XVI Ver 3.4 !

yaol@puff.wisc.edu (Yao Chung LEE) (09/14/86)

Was wondering if XTALK will support xmodem tranfers, I read the manual and
there seem to be nothing said about XMODEM protocols.

Thanks in Advance for any feedback !

								yaol@puff.UUCP

akk2@ur-tut.UUCP (A Kacker) (09/17/86)

In article <187@puff.wisc.edu> yaol@puff.wisc.edu (Yao Chung LEE) writes:
>Was wondering if XTALK will support xmodem tranfers, I read the manual and
>there seem to be nothing said about XMODEM protocols.
>
>Thanks in Advance for any feedback !
>

>								yaol@puff.UUCP
Yes, Xtalk does have XModem transfer protocol.
Xtalk v 3.61 supports the following protocols :
XModem, Kermit, Crosstalk.
I have also seen patches on BBS's to add XModem/CRC to XTalk.

darmon@polaris.UUCP (09/18/86)

In article <187@puff.wisc.edu> yaol@puff.wisc.edu (Yao Chung LEE) writes:
>Was wondering if XTALK will support xmodem tranfers, I read the manual and
>there seem to be nothing said about XMODEM protocols.
>
>Thanks in Advance for any feedback !

I know that version 3.6 does support XMODEM, KERMIT and maybe another one.
But I am not sure about 3.4.
--

Pierre Darmon, IBM Thomas J. Watson Research Center.
.....seismo!philabs!polaris!darmon.

mjb224@uiucuxf.CSO.UIUC.EDU (09/19/86)

Yes Crosstalk does support Xmodem.  The publishers want everyone to user
their own proprietary protocol so they don't say much about Xmodem.  All
I have on it is a little Xeroxed page in the back of the manual mentioning
its inclusion.  Microstuff claims that it cannot support any user questions
about Xmodem, so be wary.  In practice, Crosstalks Xmodem commands are very
easy to use (easier at least than PC-Talk).  Crosstalk also has many other
nice features.
Have Fun,

Mike Bruno
Arpanet: mjb224%uiucuxf@a.cs.uiuc.edu
Csnet:   mjb224%uiucuxf@uiuc.csnet
Bitnet:  mjb224@uiucuxf
UUCP:    {ihnp4,pur-ee}!uiucdcs!uiucuxc!uiucuxa!uiucuxf!mjb224
********* Only through December of 1986 **********************

d25001@mic.UUCP (09/20/86)

>Was wondering if XTALK will support xmodem tranfers, I read the manual and
>there seem to be nothing said about XMODEM protocols.

>Thanks in Advance for any feedback !

>								yaol@puff.UUCP

I think that XMODEM was added to XTALK with version 3.5 and Kermit with 3.6!
The current version seems to be 3.61

Carrington Dixon
UUCP: { convex, infoswx, texsun!rrm }!mcomp!mic!d25001

james@osi3b2.UUCP (James R. Van Artsdalen) (09/21/86)

Microstuf will upgrade your version to 3.61 for a minimal fee if I remember
correctly.  3.5 and 3.6 owners can upgrade for free.
--
James R. Van Artsdalen    ...!ut-ngp!utastro!osi3b2!james    Live Free or Die