[net.micro.pc] CGA with Composite output

randy@ranhome.UUCP (Randy Horton) (08/27/86)

I would like to find out if there is a CGA type display adaptor which puts out
a COLOR composite video signal in addition to the standard rgb.  Any
information would be appreciated.
--

(Randy Horton)      allegra|
		    hplabs |

sandersr@pc.ecn.purdue.edu.UUCP (Robert C Sanders) (08/28/86)

In article <197@ranhome.UUCP> randy@ranhome.UUCP (Randy Horton) writes:
>I would like to find out if there is a CGA type display adaptor which puts out
>a COLOR composite video signal in addition to the standard rgb.  Any
>information would be appreciated.
>-- (Randy Horton)

ME TOO!!  Preferably, externally syncable, possible EGA modes, RS170A output
(NTSC Color Composite).			- bob
					sandersr@pc.ecn.purdue.edu

perkins@bnrmtv.UUCP (Henry Perkins) (08/29/86)

> I would like to find out if there is a CGA type display adaptor which puts out
> a COLOR composite video signal in addition to the standard rgb.
>
> (Randy Horton)

Maybe you're confused because there are a lot of cheap MONOCHROME composite
monitors out there.  Anyway, both the standard IBM CGA and Compaq's much
better equivalent put out a composite video signal.  Color looks pretty
good on my Sony XBR monitor/TV.
--

{hplabs,amdahl,3comvax,okstate}!bnrmtv!perkins        --Henry Perkins
It is better never to have been born.  But who among us has such luck?

p40001@mcomp.UUCP (09/01/86)

> I would like to find out if there is a CGA type display adaptor which puts out
> a COLOR composite video signal in addition to the standard rgb.  Any
> information would be appreciated.

There is the ZUCKERBOARD color graphics adapter which comes with RGB and a
parallel printer board, and also includes a RGB-to-Composite converter which
plugs into the RGB 9-pin socket and has a RCA-type socket at the other end.
Mine cost ca. $80 a month ago.
Wolf N. Paul, 290 Dogwood, Plano, Tx. 75075
UUCP:   convex!mcomp!p40001
     or convex!mcomp!doulos!wnp
Phone: (214) 578-8023  W.U.ESL: 6283-2882

jeg@ptsfa.UUCP (John Girard) (09/04/86)

In article <197@ranhome.UUCP>, randy@ranhome.UUCP (Randy Horton) writes:

> I would like to find out if there is a CGA type display adaptor which puts out
> a COLOR composite video signal in addition to the standard rgb.  Any
It looks like the signals for color are on the IBM card, but no hooked up!
Anyone have a non-smoking suggestion for jumpering?

olivier@butler.UUCP (Charles Olivier) (09/15/86)

> > I would like to find out if there is a CGA type display adaptor which puts out
> > a COLOR composite video signal in addition to the standard rgb.  Any
> > information would be appreciated.
>
> There is the ZUCKERBOARD color graphics adapter which comes with RGB and a
> parallel printer board, and also includes a RGB-to-Composite converter which
> plugs into the RGB 9-pin socket and has a RCA-type socket at the other end.
> Mine cost ca. $80 a month ago.
> Wolf N. Paul, 290 Dogwood, Plano, Tx. 75075
> UUCP:   convex!mcomp!p40001
>      or convex!mcomp!doulos!wnp
> Phone: (214) 578-8023  W.U.ESL: 6283-2882

Black Box Corporation sells a RGB to Composite converter with plugs into
the RGB 9-pin socket and has a standerd RCA phono jack output.
The sell a powered version (GC-AC034B) for $59.95 and a non-powered version
(GC-AC040B) for $39.98.

			Black Box Corporation
			P.O. Box 12800
			Pittsburgh, PA 15241
			(415) 746-5530

		Charles Olivier

		E-Mail	...uw-beaver!tikal!dataio!butler!olivier

mjc239@uiucuxf.CSO.UIUC.EDU (09/22/86)

	I have a CGA compatible card that has both RGB 9 pin and RCA composite
color output on the back panel.  It is really nice when used with a monitor
that has both types of input.  The card is made by GE-Intersil Systems.
I believe that it is available for  $69.00 from:

		Mendelson Electronic Co.
		340 E. First Street
		Dayton, OH 45402

		(513) 461-3525

	I have been using this card for about a year and a half, and have had
no problems whatsoever (compatability or otherwise).  Any questions please
don't hesitate to ask. . .

		Matt Cleland
		mjc239@uiucuxf
		pur-ee!uiucdcs!uiucuxf!mjc239
		(217) 367-9673

randy@ranhome.UUCP (Randy Horton) (09/23/86)

In article <253@butler.UUCP> olivier@butler.UUCP (Charles Olivier) writes:

>> > I would like to find out if there is a CGA type display adaptor which puts out
>> > a COLOR composite video signal in addition to the standard rgb.  Any
>> > information would be appreciated.
>>
>> There is the ZUCKERBOARD color graphics adapter which comes with RGB and a
>> parallel printer board, and also includes a RGB-to-Composite converter which
>> plugs into the RGB 9-pin socket and has a RCA-type socket at the other end.
>> Mine cost ca. $80 a month ago.
>
>Black Box Corporation sells a RGB to Composite converter with plugs into
>the RGB 9-pin socket and has a standerd RCA phono jack output.
>The sell a powered version (GC-AC034B) for $59.95 and a non-powered version
>(GC-AC040B) for $39.98.

Unfortunately, the black box converter works in shades of grey.  I have been
unable to locate a source for the Zuckerboard, as of yet.

PS: Thanks to all who have replied so far.  I have recieved a number of
suggestions, but so far, I have not resolved my problem.  I may just save up,
get an RGB monitor, and sell the composite.