[net.micro.pc] vi on IBM PC

jons@islenet.UUCP (Jonathan Spangler) (10/17/86)

In article <140@ole.UUCP> yanagida@ole.UUCP writes:

>       I am looking for a version of "vi" that will run on my IBM PC/AT.
>Bruce A. Yanagida
>Seattle Silicon Technology, Inc.
>Bellevue, WA  98005
>(206)-883-2176
>
>UUCP:  ...!uw-beaver!tikal!ole!yanagida

Add in Dr. Dobb's Journal of Software Tools:

PC/VI is a full screen editor for MS/PC-DOS that
is FULLY COMPATIBLE with the UN*X version of vi.

The name of the company is:

Custom Software Systems
PO Box 678
Natick, MA  01760
(617)653-2555

They sell it for $149.00

Aloha,

Jonathan Spangler
{ihnp4,vortex,dual}!islenet!jons

leather@osiris.CSO.UIUC.EDU (10/17/86)

   This information was passed on to me from another party - He likes it:

Custom Software Systems (617) 653-2555 Joe Boykin

PC/VI ........ $149

Fansi-Console $25 2 diskettes (share ware) replaces Ansi.sys
and makes vi work faster and more like UNIX.  A must.
Written by Hersey Software and sold by Custom Software Systems

    I hope this is of some help.

yanagida@ole.UUCP@ndmce.uucp (10/18/86)

       I am looking for a version of "vi" that will run on my IBM PC/AT.
       If anyone has any recommendations please  drop me some mail.   It
       can be either public domain or commercial.  Also, any comments or
       experiences  with  the  different   versions  would  be   greatly
       appreciated.  Thanks in advance.
--