[net.micro.pc] 8086 disassembler: ASMGEN

rosen@mtgzz.UUCP (t.rosenfeld) (10/17/86)

I just got a copy of ASMGEN of some public BBS. However I can't
seem to get it to work. No matter what I put in the .SEQ file I get the error
" Hex value error in /SEQ file". Anyone out there have any clues?

If not, are there any other disassemblers I can get my hands on??

Thanks in advance.

--
----------------
Thomas Rosenfeld

		UUCP:		{harpo,ihnp4,burl,akgua}!mtgzz!rosen

Disclaimer: I don't claim anything.

nather@ut-sally.UUCP (Ed Nather) (10/18/86)

In article <2202@mtgzz.UUCP>, rosen@mtgzz.UUCP (t.rosenfeld) writes:
> I just got a copy of ASMGEN of some public BBS. However I can't
> seem to get it to work. No matter what I put in the .SEQ file I get the error
> " Hex value error in /SEQ file". Anyone out there have any clues?

The .SEQ file requires a Ctrl-Z character as an end-of-file marker.  Put
one at the end of the "script" and it should work.

Undocumented?  Well, yes ... but the disassembler is a honey.

--
Ed Nather
Astronomy Dept, U of Texas @ Austin

billh@hpcnof.UUCP (Bill Hayes) (10/20/86)

> I just got a copy of ASMGEN of some public BBS. However I can't
> seem to get it to work. No matter what I put in the .SEQ file I get the error
> " Hex value error in /SEQ file". Anyone out there have any clues?

I have encountered this error also. I discovered that if I used another editor
to generate the .SEQ file it worked OK. PC/VI doesn't work and EDIX does. I
think it is a CNTL-Z in the file question, but I never did figure it out. Just
use an editor that works.

Bill Hayes
Hewlett-Packard Colorado Networks Division
hplabs!hpfcdc!hpcnoe!hpcnof!billh

hamilton@uiucuxc.CSO.UIUC.EDU (10/23/86)

rosen@mtgzz says:
> I just got a copy of ASMGEN of some public BBS. However I can't
> seem to get it to work. No matter what I put in the .SEQ file I get the error
> " Hex value error in /SEQ file". Anyone out there have any clues?
>
> If not, are there any other disassemblers I can get my hands on??
>
> Thanks in advance.

    try terminating your .seq file with a ^Z (yuck).

	wayne hamilton
	U of Il and US Army Corps of Engineers CERL
UUCP:	{ihnp4,pur-ee,convex}!uiucdcs!uiucuxc!hamilton
ARPA:	hamilton%uiucuxc@a.cs.uiuc.edu	USMail:	Box 476, Urbana, IL 61801
CSNET:	hamilton%uiucuxc@uiuc.csnet	Phone:	(217)333-8703
CIS:    [73047,544]			PLink: w hamilton