[net.micro.pc] MICROPRO: too little memory--->too little support

stever@tekgen.UUCP (Imants Golts) (10/19/86)

I just recently upgraded to Wordstar Professional 3.31, and when
I tried to use the WINSTALL program, I got an error message of
"too little memory!"

Well, I have 576K.  I already know this bug appears whenever a PC
has 512K or greater, but less than 640K.  I even have the fix, but it does not
work as Micropro changed WINSTALL from a .COM to a .EXE file and DEBUG
does not like that.

Two years ago WINSTALL had this bug!  Now I know why Micropro is
not doing so well.

Micropro, this is next to the last straw.  Wordstar 4.0 better be
real mouseable, or you are in real trouble with this 'til now loyal
user!

--Steve Rogers

mojo@mp-mojo.UUCP (Mojo Jones) (10/22/86)

> From: stever@tekgen.UUCP (Imants Golts)
> I just recently upgraded to Wordstar Professional 3.31, and when
> I tried to use the WINSTALL program, I got an error message of
> "too little memory!"

[ ... ]

> Two years ago WINSTALL had this bug!  Now I know why Micropro is
> not doing so well.

And two years ago we fixed it.  Where'd you get the old inventory?

Mojo
... Morris Jones, MicroPro Int'l Corp., Product Development
Northern Calif. Motorcycle Safety Council, MSF Instructor
{lll-crg,ptsfa,dual,well,pyramid}!micropro!mp-mojo!mojo
Not the opinion of MicroPro!

Democracy: The bludgeoning of the people by the people for the people.
					-- John Galt

wb8foz@ncoast.UUCP (David Lesher) (10/23/86)

There is a widely available patch to cure that problem. Sorry I do
not have it here, but check out your local FIDO or other PC BBS.