From: mnetor!seismo!ut-sally!utastro!osi3b2!james
To: mnetor!utzoo!dciem!nrcaer!xios!alexp
Subject: Re: PC-AT Recommendations Wanted

See my article in net.micro.pc on PC's Ltd.  The machine works, but the
company does not.
---
James R. Van Artsdalen    ...!ut-ngp!utastro!osi3b2!james    Live Free or Die

=======================

From: <hplabs!nike!harvard!hscfvax!pavlov>
To: harvard!nike!hplabs!pesnta!nrcaer!xios!alexp

 I have purchased a total of 5 PC Designs machines here: 2 FD1000's and 3
 Turbo AT's.  These have been running between 4 and 8 months (earliest to most
 recent purchased) without any problems/failures.  We purchased 2 of the AT
 clones with Atronics EGA+ boards; these worked fine with MS Windows, Paint,
 etc, but failed to display Freelance properly.  PC Designs sent us new PAL and
 ROM chips for the boards which cured the problem.  Overall, the machines have
 worked out well for us, and at a good price.

   greg pavlov, fstrf, amherst, ny

======================

From: Owen Adair <amdcad!gatech!gt-eedsp!owen>
To: xios!alexp
Newsgroups: net.micro.pc

Read the October 14, 1986 Issue (Vol 5 no. 17) offf PC magazine.
There is a good review of cheap clones.

--
Owen Adair, Digital Signal Processing Lab, Ga. Institute of Technology
uucp ... !{akgua,allegra,hplabs,ihnp4,seismo,ulysses}!gatech!gt-eedsp!owen

====================

From: ihnp4!hsi!tankus (Ed Tankus)
To: utzoo!dciem!nrcaer!xios!alexp

Alex,

>From the info I have read and the people I have talked to, I tend to be partial
to the Sperry IT and (new) microIT. However, I do not have any hands-on
experience with either machine (that may change shortly).

I would be VERY interested in any info you have on the TECH PC AT. It looks
like it has a lot of potential based on the ads I have seen but does not have
a color monitor available. I wonder if it supports CGA/EGA? Maybe you can
answer that for me.

Cheers!

-- Ed.

=======================

From: mnetor!seismo!rochester!bullwinkle!uw-beaver!tikal!sigma!willm (William Hodgson)
)

To: mnetor!utzoo!dciem!nrcaer!xios!alexp
Newsgroups: net.micro.pc

when it tried to boot, it would hang in RAM check. Powering up
several times would almost get it past this check. We have sent it
back to Wells, but I hear they have some financing problems and may
not be around too much longer. So, be careful in your selection of a
"compatible" product.

Bill (willm) Hodgson