[net.micro.pc] EGA technical info request

dave@ur-valhalla.UUCP (Dave Carlson) (10/30/86)

I have the forboding task of write an EGA driver for a non-DOS
machine.  What I require is an EGA programmers manual for the
bitplanes and config ports, etc.  NOTE:  Details of the INT() calls
does me no good--non-DOS == no INT() calls.  If anyone has the
kind of nuts and bolts I require please reply via mail.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

dave
"The Faster I Go the Behinder I Get"
--Lewis Carroll

Dave Carlson

{allegra,seismo,decvax}!rochester!ur-valhalla!dave

johnl@ima.UUCP (John R. Levine) (11/04/86)

In article <833@ur-valhalla.UUCP> dave@ur-valhalla.UUCP (Dave Carlson) writes:
>I have the forboding task of write an EGA driver for a non-DOS
>machine.  What I require is an EGA programmers manual for the
>bitplanes and config ports, etc.  ...

The most definitive info is in the PC Options and Adapters manual, which
costs $125.  Fortunately, IBM now sells chapters from the manual separately.
The order number for the EGA manual is 6182676, though my flyer gives no price.

Call 1-800-IBM-PCTB and they'll bill to your credit card and ship it out.
--
John R. Levine, Javelin Software Corp., Cambridge MA +1 617 494 1400
{ ihnp4 | decvax | cbosgd | harvard | yale }!ima!johnl, Levine@YALE.EDU