[net.micro.pc] Manuals

phillips@cgfsv1.dec.com (11/04/86)

Can anybody help me locate a Technical Reference Manual for an AT&T 6300
PC and possibly a programmers manual. I've checked with the local stores
but even though these manuals are listed they seem unable to obtain them.
Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.....Jim

thj@hpcnof.UUCP (Thomas Hjellming) (11/06/86)

/ hpcnof:net.micro.pc / phillips@cgfsv1.dec.com /  8:08 pm  Nov  3, 1986 /
Can anybody help me locate a Technical Reference Manual for an AT&T 6300
PC and possibly a programmers manual. I've checked with the local stores
but even though these manuals are listed they seem unable to obtain them.
Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.....Jim
----------

   Jim,

     I've had my AT&T6300 Programmer's Guide and Technical Reference
Manuals for about one year now.  I found the Programmer's Guide in a
CompuShop in Phoenix, when I lived there.  I bought the Technical Reference
manual (the one with schematics) through AT&T's National Parts Service
(sorry, I don't have the number -- but it is an 800 number).  Each manual
costs ~$65 but that was a year ago.

     I hope that helps.

Tom Hjellming
Colorado Networks Division
Hewlett-Packard
...!hplabs!hpfcla!hpcnof!thj

npollack@polyslo.UUCP (Neal Pollack) (11/06/86)

In article <6239@decwrl.DEC.COM> phillips@cgfsv1.dec.com writes:
>Can anybody help me locate a Technical Reference Manual for an AT&T 6300
>PC and possibly a programmers manual. I've checked with the local stores
>but even though these manuals are listed they seem unable to obtain them.

We have both the software tech ref. (basically the ms-dos programmers
guide) and the hardware reference manual.  We ordered the Hardware
reference direct from A.T. & T.

The hardware technical reference, complete with schematics, is:

ComCode: 403319023  ATTIS MAN: 245450105IS
Titled:  Reference Manual, AT&T Personal Computer 6300

AT&T Parts ordering is at 800-222-7278
AT&T Software & Tech Support is at 800-922-0354

I do not remember the price.  Good Luck.

gt6294b@gitpyr.gatech.EDU (SCHEUTZOW,MICHAEL J) (11/08/86)

>Can anybody help me locate a Technical Reference Manual for an AT&T 6300
>PC and possibly a programmers manual. I've checked with the local stores
>but even though these manuals are listed they seem unable to obtain them.

All manuals can be ordered from AT&T directly, usually for about $65.
(The information found in these manuals is well worth the cost).  The
toll free number is:
                        (800) 432 6600

Mike Scheutzow                  UUCP: gt6294b@gitpyr.uucp
Georgia Tech                    ARPA: gt6294b@pyr.ocs.gatech.edu