[net.startrek] vulcans and killing

randals (12/03/82)

	From: hplabs!hplabsb!char
	Newsgroups: net.startrek

	In "The Enterprise Incident", Spock killed Capt. Kirk....
	"He took me by surprise.  I instinctively used..." (dramatic pause)
	"The Vulcan Death Grip."  Anyone know if this fake means of murder
	was supposed to be based on something real?  Is there really a
	Vulcan Death Grip or is this typical Enterprise dissembling?

It was stated later in that episode that there was "no such thing"
as the "Vulcan Death Grip".  I believe that Nurse Chapel says this while
reviving Kirk in the sickbay (after which he undergoes spock-ears surgery).

Randal L. Schwartz
Tektronix Microcomputer Development Products
Beaverton, Oregon, USA

UUCP:	...!{ucbvax or decvax}!teklabs!tekmdp!randals (ignore return address)
CSNET:	tekmdp!randals @ tektronix
ARPA:	tekmdp!randals.tektronix @ rand-relay