[net.startrek] STAR TREK videotapes

rjnoe@ihlts.UUCP (Roger Noe @ 41:48:31 N, 88:07:13 W) (01/16/84)

Here are the episodes which are contained in the Star Trek videotapes put
out by Paramount Home Video.

Volume 1 - "The Menagerie", parts I and II.
Volume 2 - "Amok Time" and "The Journey to Babel"
Volume 3 - "Mirror, Mirror" and "The Tholian Web"
Volume 4 - "The Trouble with Tribbles" and "Let That Be Your Last Battlefield"
Volume 5 - "Balance of Terror" and "The City on the Edge of Forever"

If there are more than 5 volumes, I am unaware of it and would appreciate any
who know better to post that information here or mail it to me.  I am not
endorsing these products by this posting.
	Roger Noe		ihnp4!ihlts!rjnoe

bobm@hp-pcd.UUCP (Bob May) (01/22/84)

#R:ihlts:-31400:hp-pcd:13100003:000:259
hp-pcd!bobm    Jan 17 09:52:00 1984

<>

	Do you know anything about the visual quality of these tapes?
	I sure get tired of the blotchy, hacked-up reruns we get
	around here. I guess that's what you get from many years
	in syndication. Also, what about price?

					Bob May
					!hp-pcd!bobm

boyajian@akov68.DEC (Jerry Boyajian) (07/29/84)

From:	uok!dwhitney           25-Jul-1984 08:36:00

> Many have expressed interest in the possible "Trek-of-the-month" video
> club regarding uncut tapes of original episodes.  I recently visited a
> local video store, the manager of which told me that Paramount was
> rereleasing the "Star Trek Volume" series, six tapes, each with four
> episodes of the series, for rental.  Also available on an individual
> tape is "Space Seed," the episode upon which Wrath of Khan was based.

That manager doesn't know what the hell he's talking about! The STAR TREK tapes
that are in circulation right now have *two* episodes per tape, not four, and
though I'm not positive on this point, I think that there is only *five* of the
double-episode tapes (the sixth one being the single-episode "Space Seed"). In
order to have four episodes per tape, the running time of the tape would be
three hours and twenty minutes, which is far in excess of the running time of
any other tape in release (except for two movies: THE RIGHT STUFF and THE SEVEN
SAMURAI).

With the imminence of the Trek-of-the-Month Club, I really doubt that Paramount
would re-release those tapes. We shall see.

--- jayembee (Jerry Boyajian, DEC, Maynard, MA)

UUCP:	{decvax|ihnp4|allegra|ucbvax|...}!decwrl!dec-rhea!dec-akov68!boyajian
ARPA:	boyajian%akov68.DEC@DECWRL.ARPA