[net.music] UH

d3u@psuvm.UUCP (04/26/85)

 Uriah Heep was the scoundrel in Dicken's Great Expectations who made a living
making money off of others and exerting his influence.

jcjeff@ihlpg.UUCP (Richard Jeffreys) (05/05/85)

>  Uriah Heep was the scoundrel in Dicken's Great Expectations who made a
>  living  making money off of others and exerting his influence.

He was always saying that he was "very 'umble".

Uriah Heep used this in the title of their first album in 1970....

	 "...very 'eavy ...very 'umble"

--
 [ There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold,
                        and she's buying a staiway to Heaven - Led Zeppelin ]

ry@brunix.UUCP (Rich Yampell) (05/08/85)

In article <461@ihlpg.UUCP> jcjeff@ihlpg.UUCP (Richard Jeffreys) writes:

>>  Uriah Heep was the scoundrel in Dicken's Great Expectations who made a
>>  living  making money off of others and exerting his influence.
>
>He was always saying that he was "very 'umble".

Was he really in Great Expectations?  I never read it.  But I *KNOW* he was
in David Copperfield.  Did Dickens recycle characters?  I'm amused.

		rich yampell