[net.startrek] Batgirl

disc@houxz.UUCP (S.BERRY) (10/04/84)

<Break out the BAT-Insect-Repellant, Robin>

 -> That consort to Captain ("Lord!") Garth should be familiar - she is
 -> indeed Yvonne Craig, who portrayed Barbara Hamilton == Batgirl.
 ->
 ->              -Larry Bickford

Actually, Batgirl's name was/is Barbara GORDON, Commissioner
(James W.) Gordon's daughter.

				SJBerry

ables@ut-ngp.UUCP (King Ables) (10/09/84)

I think the confusion here is that the actor who played Commissioner
Gordon was named Hamilton (unfortunately, I've forgotten his first name).
I was just sitting here flipping through my Batman volume of the Encyclopedia
of Comic Book Heroes.  According to it, Barbara is a congresswoman from
Gotham City.  Hmmm.  Pretty young for that, I'd think.  I don't remember
that they ever mention what she does in the show, do they?  This comic book
book is *ONLY* about the comic book, so anything from the show wouldn't
be covered.

barmar@mit-eddie.UUCP (Barry Margolin) (10/11/84)

In article <1017@ut-ngp.UUCP> ables@ut-ngp.UUCP (King Ables) writes:
>According to it, Barbara is a congresswoman from
>Gotham City.  Hmmm.  Pretty young for that, I'd think.  I don't remember
>that they ever mention what she does in the show, do they?

She was a librarian in the TV show.
--
    Barry Margolin
    ARPA: barmar@MIT-Multics

eric@milo.UUCP (10/11/84)

	Actually, she was a librarian on the show (and in the comics, at the
time). She then became a Congresswoman, but (at last sighting) has returned
to the private sector, as a lawyer.

--
					eric
					...!seismo!umcp-cs!aplvax!milo!eric