[net.startrek] James Doohan on 'Hotel'

jimc@haddock.UUCP (10/26/84)

James Doohan ("Scotty") made a guest star appearance on last night's
"Hotel", and it was an absolutely NOTHING part.  However, the
greatest part was hearing him speak without his Scottish accent.
He actually IS American.
				      Jim Campbell

barmar@mit-eddie.UUCP (Barry Margolin) (10/26/84)

In article <272@haddock.UUCP> jimc@haddock.UUCP writes:
>James Doohan ... actually IS American.
>				      Jim Campbell

Well, it depends on your definition of "American".  He is Canadian.  He
is also a master of voices and accents; he did many of the voices for
characters in the Star Trek animated series.  He also talked without an
accent when he appeared in the his "Space Academy" Saturday morning
series.
--
    Barry Margolin
    ARPA: barmar@MIT-Multics

herbie@watdcsu.UUCP (Herb Chong, Computing Services) (10/28/84)

Then why was he born in Vancouver. B.C., and flew for the RCAF?

Herb...

I'm user-friendly -- I don't byte, I nybble....

UUCP:  {decvax|utzoo|ihnp4|allegra|clyde}!watmath!watdcsu!herbie
CSNET: herbie%watdcsu@waterloo.csnet
ARPA:  herbie%watdcsu%waterloo.csnet@csnet-relay.arpa
BITNET: herbie at watdcs,herbie at watdcsu

herbie@watdcsu.UUCP (Herb Chong, Computing Services) (10/28/84)

Does this mean that we speak different here in Canada?

Herb...

I'm user-friendly -- I don't byte, I nybble....

UUCP:  {decvax|utzoo|ihnp4|allegra|clyde}!watmath!watdcsu!herbie
CSNET: herbie%watdcsu@waterloo.csnet
ARPA:  herbie%watdcsu%waterloo.csnet@csnet-relay.arpa
BITNET: herbie at watdcs,herbie at watdcsu

dwhitney@uok.UUCP (10/29/84)

He actually IS American...

Are we to assume anyone with some slight distortion of
the English language cant be American??

I didn't think so.

Live long and prosper.
David Whitneyy
ctvax!uokvax!uok!dwhitney

merchant@dartvax.UUCP (Peter Merchant) (10/29/84)

> James Doohan ("Scotty") made a guest star appearance on last night's
> "Hotel", and it was an absolutely NOTHING part.  However, the
> greatest part was hearing him speak without his Scottish accent.
> He actually IS American.
> 				      Jim Campbell

{ Scritch scritch scritch...}

I'm sorry...I think James Doohan is Canadian...
--
"Oh Canada..."                          Peter Merchant

rjnoe@ihlts.UUCP (Roger Noe) (10/29/84)

>	James Doohan ("Scotty") made a guest star appearance on last night's
>	"Hotel", and it was an absolutely NOTHING part.  However, the
>	greatest part was hearing him speak without his Scottish accent.
>	He actually IS American.
>				      Jim Campbell

Well, not really.  He's Canadian.
--
"It's only by NOT taking the human race seriously that I retain what
    fragments of my once considerable mental powers I still possess."

carleton@elwood.DEC (Dennis Carleton) (10/31/84)

This message is empty.