[net.startrek] Bones' line

swc@cbscc.UUCP (Scott W. Collins) (12/13/84)

<>

Complete this line with your favorite ending:

	[Damn it Jim,] I'm a Doctor, not a __________________________!!

Mine's "Bricklayer".

Scott W. Collins
ATT - Bare Rubber Trees
Columbus, OH
ihnp4!cbscc!swc

p.s
	If you know 'em all, perhaps you'd care to give us a list of
"occupations" that he had an opportunity to have.

urban@spp2.UUCP (12/17/84)

In article <4353@cbscc.UUCP> swc@cbscc.UUCP (Scott W. Collins) writes:

>Complete this line with your favorite ending:
>
>	[Damn it Jim,] I'm a Doctor, not a __________________________!!

Escalator(tm).  One of the most blatant anachronisms in the
ST canon.  It was in the episode with Julie Newmar as the
barbarian princess.

	Mike

mike@asgb.UUCP (12/17/84)

Regarding "I'm a doctor not a ___________________"

Anybody remember the first time Bones said it???

The Corbomite Maneuver has the line

"What am I?  A doctor or a moon shuttle pilot?"

Mike Rosenlof                  ...hplabs!sdcrdcf!\
                                                  -bmcg!asgb!mike
                              ...allegra!sdcsvax!/
Burroughs Advanced Systems Group              Boulder, Colorado

rlmm@houxk.UUCP (R.MEININGER) (12/19/84)

"(Damn it Jim) I'm a doctor not a MECHANIC!"   - Dr. Leonard McCoy

	from Mirror, Mirror

scott@whuxl.UUCP (steve scott) (12/21/84)

> <>
>
> Complete this line with your favorite ending:
>
> 	[Damn it Jim,] I'm a Doctor, not a __________________________!!
>
> Mine's "Bricklayer".
>Scott Collins

	Mine's "Engineer"!

	Steve Scott	..!ihnp4!houxm!whuxl!scott

swc@cbscc.UUCP (Scott W. Collins) (12/28/84)

<>

So far not so good. I've only received six replies to the "Your Favorite Line"
poll. I figure another week (two at the most) will do it.

Reminder:

	Send your favorite line from Bones in the form:

		[Damn it, Jim,] I'm a Doctor, not a __________!

		...!{ihnp4,..}!cbosgd!cbscc!swc

And have a Warpy New Year...er, Warpy Light Year. Ah, Yearly New Warp.

Scott W. Collins
ATT - Bare Rubber Trees
Columbus, OH

"Was he in 'The Lights of Guitar' or 'The Gangsters of Tri-Skeleton' ?
 No, 'twas 'Who Are Little Girls Made By'!"

Said Kirk to Trelane before the hunt, "I'm game".

m1b@rayssd.UUCP (01/02/85)

>Regarding "I'm a doctor not a ___________________"
>

>Anybody remember the first time Bones said it???
>
>The Corbomite Maneuver has the line
>
>"What am I?  A doctor or a moon shuttle pilot?"
>

>Mike Rosenlof                  ...hplabs!sdcrdcf!\
>                                                  -bmcg!asgb!mike
>                              ...allegra!sdcsvax!/
>Burroughs Advanced Systems Group              Boulder, Colorado

I thought his expression was "...a moon shuttle conductor?"
(as in "All aboard!" and not copper :-])

Joe Barone,		{allegra, decvax!brunix, ccieng5}!rayssd!m1b
Raytheon Co,		 Submarine Signal Div., Portsmouth, RI