[net.startrek] Episode correction...

edward@ukma.UUCP (Edward C. Bennett) (02/26/85)

>> I think the episode you are thinkin of is "The Enterprise Incident",
>> where they use the "newly discovered" sling-shot effect to examine earth
>> history and are discovered by captain christopher....
>
>Pu-lease!  "The Enterprise Incident" was the episode when Kirk,
>supposedly insane, takes the Enterprise into the Romulan neutral zone.
>In reallity they are after the cloaking device.
>
>The episode with the sling-shot effect and Captain Christopher was
>titled "Assignment Earth."

PUUUUU--LEEEEEEASE!!!! "Assignment Earth" was the episode with Gary 7
comes to Earth to stop an orbiting nuclear platform. This episode
also included Teri Garr as Roberta Lincoln and Isis the cat.

The episode with the sling-shot effect and Captian Christopher was
titled 'Tomorrow is Yesterday"!

Get it right...

resident trekker,
edward

	 {ucbvax,unmvax,boulder,research}!anlams! -|
		{mcvax!qtlon,vax135,mddc}!qusavx! -|-->	ukma!edward
			 {Lots of Places}!cbosgd! -|

john@moncol.UUCP (John Ruschmeyer) (02/27/85)

>From: edward@ukma.UUCP (Edward C. Bennett)
>
>PUUUUU--LEEEEEEASE!!!! "Assignment Earth" was the episode with Gary 7
>comes to Earth to stop an orbiting nuclear platform. This episode
>also included Teri Garr as Roberta Lincoln and Isis the cat.
>
>The episode with the sling-shot effect and Captian Christopher was
>titled 'Tomorrow is Yesterday"!
>
>Get it right...
>
>resident trekker,
>edward

Sorry to but in, but...  If you listen to the opening log entry in
"Assignment: Earth", you hear *how* our heroes get back to 1968 (and it
ain't through the Guardian of Forever").

I see your point, but it is apparently accepted in the later episodes that
the light-speed breakaway is a useful technique for going back in time.

Hmmm: Does anyone know if the Bird-of-Prey has enough power to do it? :-)

--
Name:		John Ruschmeyer
US Mail:	Monmouth College, W. Long Branch, NJ 07764