[net.startrek] TSFS Janice Rand

boyajian@akov68.DEC (03/10/85)

> From:	grendel!avolio	(Fred Avolio)

> I just (last night) saw The Search for Spock (again) on SPECTRAVISION --
> pay hotel movie.  Since I was watching it in the comfort of my "own"
> room, I actually sat there and read all the credits through at the end.
> Now, what bothered me was that -- as far as I saw -- the only mention
> of Janice Rand being in the movie was "Woman in cafeteria"!

There's a good reason for that --- Janice Rand was not in the movie! True,
the "woman in cafeteria" was played by Grace Lee Whitney, but that doesn't
mean that the character is Janice Rand. After all, are Number One and
Nurse Chapel the same character? They were both played by Majel Barrett.
Besides, if memory serves, the "woman in cafeteria" had red hair, not blond.

--- jayembee (Jerry Boyajian, DEC, Maynard, MA)

UUCP:	{decvax|ihnp4|allegra|ucbvax|...}!decwrl!dec-rhea!dec-akov68!boyajian
ARPA:	boyajian%akov68.DEC@DECWRL.ARPA