[net.startrek] EFT

cwayne@unm-cvax.UUCP (03/09/85)

     When STII came on the other night, it said that the film was edited for
television.  When I saw that, I said to myself "oh great, what did they cut
out this time?" (as most of you did too.)  We've all grown up to believe that
"EFT" means cut, not anymore!  The rule of thumb is, just because you've seen
the movie when it was at the theatres, doesn't mean you can say "...oh, I've
seen it anyway already and I don't care if I see it again butchered on tv.",
and you'll miss something.  One thing though, we all got the additions, but
were there any cuts???

                                         Chris Wayne @ UNM

jpm@ptsfc.UUCP (Jim Moore) (03/11/85)

In article <290@unm-cvax.UUCP> cwayne@unm-cvax.UUCP (Chris Wayne) writes:

>One thing though, we all got the additions, but
>were there any cuts???
>
>                                         Chris Wayne @ UNM

I remember only noticing one exclusion from the theatrical version
of STII:TWoK, although there may have been others.  The scene where
Chekov falls to the floor and the "creature" exits his body showed
Dr. McCoy using a device of some sort with a light on it (looked a
bit like a pen flashlight) in the movie version.  In the "edited
for TV" version, this quick scene was not included.  I wonder why?

--

                                  Jim Moore
                                  Pacific Bell, S.F.     dual!ptsfa!ptsfc!jpm

                                 "Bedsitter people look back and lament,
                                     on another day's useless energy spent..."

jimc@haddock.UUCP (03/20/85)

I think the idea was to focus a bit less on those grotesque little critters
in the TV version than in the theatre version.  I also noticed that
the network didn't show the thing crawling directly into Chekov's ear, as
it was in the theatre version.