[net.startrek] Two Questions

swc@cbscc.UUCP (Scott W. Collins) (03/23/85)

~
Question 1:  If the creature in TWoK really crawled into Chekov's ear
		and wrapped itself around the cortex of the brain,
		doesn't this imply that the eardrum (among other stuff)
		had been broken and Chekov was from then-on deaf on that
		side?

Question 2:  In "The Paradise Syndrome", Miramoni (sp?) takes the medal
		off of the current medicine man's forehead and gives it
		to Kirock. Note that the band of the medal is elastic...
		If they had elastic, how come Miramoni couldn't figure out how
		Kirk's shirt came off (couldn't see any fasteners).
		Ideally, the first sight of elastic by her should've
		been Kirk's underpants (I am assuming Miramoni removed
		them from him, too).

Scott

wanttaja@ssc-vax.UUCP (Ronald J Wanttaja) (03/25/85)

> Question 2:  In "The Paradise Syndrome", Miramoni (sp?) takes the medal
> 		off of the current medicine man's forehead and gives it
> 		to Kirock. Note that the band of the medal is elastic...
> 		If they had elastic, how come Miramoni couldn't figure out how
> 		Kirk's shirt came off (couldn't see any fasteners).
> 		Ideally, the first sight of elastic by her should've
> 		been Kirk's underpants (I am assuming Miramoni removed
> 		them from him, too).

Aw, come on, *everybody* knows that velcro boxer shorts are standard Star
Fleet issue...

					     Ron Wanttaja
					     (ssc-vax!wanttaja)

In article <5037@cbscc.UUCP> swc@cbscc.UUCP (Scott W. Collins) writes:
>~
>Question 1:  If the creature in TWoK really crawled into Chekov's ear
>		and wrapped itself around the cortex of the brain,
>		doesn't this imply that the eardrum (among other stuff)
>		had been broken and Chekov was from then-on deaf on that
>		side?

	In the book it mentions in passing that Dr. McCoy rebuilds
Chekov's eardrum after they return to the Enterprise.
--

				Sarima (Stanley Friesen)

{trwrb|allegra|cbosgd|hplabs|ihnp4|aero!uscvax!akgua}!sdcrdcf!psivax!friesen
or {ttdica|quad1|bellcore|scgvaxd}!psivax!friesen