[net.startrek] drinking game???

derek@uwvax.UUCP (Derek Zahn) (03/22/85)

Here's something to think about.

Many enjoyable evenings have been spent with a batch of friends watching TV
and drinking.  (So sue me).  Now, there are the classic games that go along
with such activities.  Watch The Bob Newhart Show and drink whenever anybody
says 'Bob' (and more complex rules too).  Watch Sergeant Preston of the Yukon
and drink whenever he says 'King', with a shot for 'Mush you huskies!', etc.

What about a Star Trek Drinking Game?  Suggestions for rules?

--
Derek Zahn @ wisconsin
...!{allegra,heurikon,ihnp4,seismo,sfwin,ucbvax,uwm-evax}!uwvax!derek

merchant@dartvax.UUCP (Peter Merchant) (03/25/85)

> Many enjoyable evenings have been spent with a batch of friends watching TV
> and drinking.  (So sue me).  Now, there are the classic games that go along
> with such activities.  Watch The Bob Newhart Show and drink whenever anybody
> says 'Bob' (and more complex rules too).  Watch Sergeant Preston of the Yukon
> and drink whenever he says 'King', with a shot for 'Mush you huskies!', etc.
>
> What about a Star Trek Drinking Game?  Suggestions for rules?
>
> --
> Derek Zahn @ wisconsin

Well, let's see.  How about drinking whenever a red shirt gets nuked?
--
"It hides the bloodstains."                                  Peter Merchant

friedman@sunybcs.UUCP (Gary E. Friedman) (03/25/85)

> What about a Star Trek Drinking Game?  Suggestions for rules?
>
> --
> Derek Zahn @ wisconsin
> ...!{allegra,heurikon,ihnp4,seismo,sfwin,ucbvax,uwm-evax}!uwvax!derek
> derek@wisc-rsch.arpa

How about one shot for each time Kirk gets into the elevator, and an
extra one if he verbally instructs the elevator ("Bridge!") instead
of using the dumb control stick?

        Gary Friedman
        SUNY @ Buffalo
        ...!sunybcs!friedman
        "References available upon request"

naren@ut-sally.UUCP (Narendran Nachiappan) (03/26/85)

/*									*/

How about one for each time anybody says 'Energize' and one for each
time Spock says 'Illogical'?

raiche@dartvax.UUCP (George A. Raiche) (03/26/85)

> Here's something to think about.
>
> Many enjoyable evenings have been spent with a batch of friends watching TV
> and drinking.  (So sue me).  Now, there are the classic games that go along
> with such activities.  Watch The Bob Newhart Show and drink whenever anybody
> says 'Bob' (and more complex rules too).  Watch Sergeant Preston of the Yukon
> and drink whenever he says 'King', with a shot for 'Mush you huskies!', etc.
>
> What about a Star Trek Drinking Game?  Suggestions for rules?
>
> --
> Derek Zahn @ wisconsin
> ...!{allegra,heurikon,ihnp4,seismo,sfwin,ucbvax,uwm-evax}!uwvax!derek
> derek@wisc-rsch.arpa

*** REPLACE THIS LINE WITH YOUR * burp! * ***

	I wanna party with you, pal.

	I haven't heard of a Star Trek drinking game, but my roommates
	and I share your sentiments.  One obvious suggestion is that
	whenever a red-shirt gets "offed", the crowd must chug their
	entire beer; of course for some episodes (notably "The
	Apple") this would make for a short viewing...

				George Raiche
				Dept. of Chemistry
				Dartmouth

	"That's...one of your better prescriptions, Bones."

adolph@ssc-vax.UUCP (Mark Adolph) (03/26/85)

"Sometimes a man will tell his bartender things he wouldn't tell his doctor."

> What about a Star Trek Drinking Game?  Suggestions for rules?

I spent many a pleasant Saturday nite at Snodfart Univ. last year, indulging
in this very pasttime.  We were helped by having several episodes on
videotape, so we could go on for a two or three episode game.  The rules at
we played them are fairly simple:

1) Take a drink (of whatever you're drinking) on every occurance of -
	"Captain" and
	"Fascinating"

2) Chug on every occurance of -
	"I'm a doctor, not a <???>" and
	"He's dead, Jim."

Warnings: The "Captain"s will kill you.  Be especially aware of episodes like
"Babel" (fight w/ the `Andorian') and "Devil in the Dark" (minor cave-in)
when Spock thinks that Kirk is in trouble.  You can choke to death.  Also,
beware episodes with more than one Captain ("My dear Captain Koloth...").

An average epsiode dusted 3 - 4 beers per episode.

					-- Mark A.
					...uw-beaver!ssc-vax!adolph

 "When a fly lands on the ceiling, does it do a half roll or a half loop?"

terryl@tekcrl.UUCP () (03/29/85)

>Here's something to think about.
>Many enjoyable evenings have been spent with a batch of friends watching TV
>and drinking.  (So sue me).  Now, there are the classic games that go along
>with such activities.  Watch The Bob Newhart Show and drink whenever anybody
>says 'Bob' (and more complex rules too).  Watch Sergeant Preston of the Yukon
>and drink whenever he says 'King', with a shot for 'Mush you huskies!', etc.
>What about a Star Trek Drinking Game?  Suggestions for rules?

     Sure. How about a drink every time Bones says "He's dead, Jim." or
"Dammit, I'm a doctor, not a _____!!"?? Should get you mildly plastered by
the end of the show!!!

root@trwatf.UUCP (Lord Frith) (03/29/85)

> Many enjoyable evenings have been spent with a batch of friends watching TV
> and drinking.  (So sue me).  Now, there are the classic games that go along
> with such activities.  Watch The Bob Newhart Show and drink whenever anybody
> says 'Bob' (and more complex rules too).  Watch Sergeant Preston of the Yukon
> and drink whenever he says 'King', with a shot for 'Mush you huskies!', etc.
>
> What about a Star Trek Drinking Game?  Suggestions for rules?

Everytime a nameless security officer gets blown away.

Everytime Spock uses the word "logical."

Everytime Scotty says, "the warp wngines canna handle the load."
--

UUCP: ...{decvax,ihnp4,allegra}!seismo!trwatf!root	- Lord Frith
ARPA: trwatf!root@SEISMO

"And Frith made the world"

barnett@ut-sally.UUCP (Lewis Barnett) (03/30/85)

> Everytime a nameless security officer gets blown away.
> Everytime Spock uses the word "logical."
> Everytime Scotty says, "the warp wngines canna handle the load."
> --
> UUCP: ...{decvax,ihnp4,allegra}!seismo!trwatf!root	- Lord Frith
> ARPA: trwatf!root@SEISMO

My addition to the list is, (if you're drinking beer),

--Everyone chugs everytime Bones says, "He's dead, Jim!"

Lewis Barnett,CS Dept, Painter Hall 3.28, Univ. of Texas, Austin, TX 78712

-- barnett@ut-sally.ARPA, barnett@ut-sally.UUCP,
      {ihnp4,harvard,seismo,gatech,ctvax}!ut-sally!barnett

ugthomas@sunybcs.UUCP ( Timothy Thomas) (03/31/85)

> How about one shot for each time Kirk gets into the elevator, and an
> extra one if he verbally instructs the elevator ("Bridge!") instead
> of using the dumb control stick?
>
>         Gary Friedman
>         SUNY @ Buffalo
>         ...!sunybcs!friedman
>         "References available upon request"

and how about 2 shots for every time McCoy says

	"I'm a doctor, not a _______"

--
...Tim Thomas

...{burdvax, rocksvax, bbncca, decvax, dual, rocksanne, watmath}!sunybcs!ugthomas

Remember......
	Only you can prevent software piracy.

zmk04@udenva.UUCP (zmk04) (04/07/85)

> Here's something to think about.
>
> Many enjoyable evenings have been spent with a batch of friends watching TV
> and drinking.  (So sue me).  Now, there are the classic games that go along
> with such activities.  Watch The Bob Newhart Show and drink whenever anybody
> says 'Bob' (and more complex rules too).  Watch Sergeant Preston of the Yukon
> and drink whenever he says 'King', with a shot for 'Mush you huskies!', etc.
>
> What about a Star Trek Drinking Game?  Suggestions for rules?
>
> --
> Derek Zahn @ wisconsin
> ...!{allegra,heurikon,ihnp4,seismo,sfwin,ucbvax,uwm-evax}!uwvax!derek
> derek@wisc-rsch.arpa

*** REPLACE YOUR MESSAGE WITH THIS LINE***

How about drinking on:

 1.) McCoy: "He's dead, Jim"

 2.) Spock: "Fascinating"

 3.) Sulu/Chekhov/extra : "Phasers locked on target" or "Coming around to new
     course"

 4.) Uhura: "Captain, I'm frightened"

 5.) McCoy: "I'm a doctor, not a <non-doctor entity>"

 6.) Kirk: "Open hailing frequencies."

Alternately, we could use plot situations:

  drink on:

  1.) Kirk falling in love

  2.) The Enterprise is going to break down/crash/turn into goo in xx hours

  3.) Kirk destroys a computer

In whichever version, shots MUST be taken whenever the camera tilts and
everyone falls out of his/her chair!!!!

li63sfh@sdcc7.UUCP (Philip Kao{|stu) (04/07/85)

In article <1385@ut-sally.UUCP> naren@ut-sally.UUCP (Narendran Nachiappan) writes:
>/*									*/
>

>How about one for each time anybody says 'Energize' and one for each
>time Spock says 'Illogical'?

probably couldn't get to through the first commercial.

try this, a bottle of Dom Periom(sp?) for every time
james tingle-tongue kirk seduces another ex-centerfold

man@bocar.UUCP (M Nevar) (04/09/85)

How about a shot for everytime Kirk, Spock, Bones, Sulu and three red
shirt security officers beam down to a planet and the three officers
are promptly killed by the natives, taking the rest of the landing
party hostage ?

wersan@daemen.UUCP (John Slasher Wersan III) (04/09/85)

> How about one for each time anybody says 'Energize' and one for each
> time Spock says 'Illogical'?

*** REPLACE THIS LINE WITH YOUR ILLOGICAL STATEMENTS CAPTAIN ***

	Or how about anytime that spock says 'Fascinating'
--
          John Wersan
UUCP :