[net.startrek] Any chance of a new Startrek??

oz@yetti.UUCP (Ozan Yigit) (04/22/85)

Having watched startrek for about 15 years now, and being
an admitted sf-lover, I cannot help but wonder about the
possibility of a rebirth of startrek. I feel that no other
sf show (BattleJunk Galactica, Dr. Joe-WHo, Buck(ing) Rogers) even remotely
approaches the qualities of ST. (There has even been a book about
what makes startrek so timeless..) I cannot bear with the thought
of waiting another year for a ST??? in cinemas. Does anyone know
about re-birth of weekly ST ?? Granted that the characters are
now in their late 40s, and may not wish to take part in the grueling
schedules of weekly episodes. Perhaps a well-chosen cast may be able
to create a "second" ship with a different name, on another mission,
containing similar personalities (i.e. Logic, pure emotion, military,
and an intricate web of inter-ship relationships..) may be able to
capture us trekkies.. I CANNOT STAND having to live with only a handful
of episodes!! Books may be a solution, although I cannot dare buy them,
in order not to spoil the saga. (any recommendations ?? None of the ST
authors appear to be regular SF writers..)
THERE IS GOTTA BE A SOLUTION.. StarTrek must live FOREVER !!!

Oz	(wizard of something or another, no doubt..)
	{decvax|ihnp4|allegra..}!utzoo!yetti!oz
--------
	Meek shall inherit Earth.. Rest of us will go to stars..

cushner@ttidcb.UUCP (Jeffrey Cushner) (04/23/85)

>From: oz@yetti.UUCP (Ozan Yigit)
>
>Having watched startrek for about 15 years now, and being
>an admitted sf-lover, I cannot help but wonder about the
>possibility of a rebirth of startrek. I feel that no other
>sf show (BattleJunk Galactica, Dr. Joe-WHo, Buck(ing) Rogers) even remotely
>approaches the qualities of ST. (There has even been a book about
>what makes startrek so timeless..) I cannot bear with the thought
>of waiting another year for a ST??? in cinemas. Does anyone know
>about re-birth of weekly ST ?? Granted that the characters are
>now in their late 40s, and may not wish to take part in the grueling
>schedules of weekly episodes. Perhaps a well-chosen cast may be able
>to create a "second" ship with a different name, on another mission,
>containing similar personalities (i.e. Logic, pure emotion, military,
>and an intricate web of inter-ship relationships..) may be able to
>capture us trekkies.. I CANNOT STAND having to live with only a handful
>of episodes!! Books may be a solution, although I cannot dare buy them,
>in order not to spoil the saga. (any recommendations ?? None of the ST
>authors appear to be regular SF writers..)
>THERE IS GOTTA BE A SOLUTION.. StarTrek must live FOREVER !!!
>
>Oz      (wizard of something or another, no doubt..)
>        {decvax|ihnp4|allegra..}!utzoo!yetti!oz
>--------
>        Meek shall inherit Earth.. Rest of us will go to stars..

		     SPOIL THE SAGA???

 You call yourself a trekkie and you haven't read any of the Startrek
 Novels???!!!???

 My suggestion is READ THE NOVELS!  They usually offer much more insight
 than there is time for in the movies and TV episodes.

			 Jeff Cushner @
			 Citicorp-TTI
			 Santa Monica CA 90405
			 (213) 450-9111 x2273