[net.startrek] Guardian of Forever inconsistency

boyajian@akov68.DEC (05/07/85)

> From:	savax!pfister	(Joe Pfister)

> as Kirk approaches the guardian ( The City on the Edge of Forever )
> he says "What is this thing, Mr. Spock?" Then Spock explains as they
> walk around to the opposite side of the guardian. Kirk then says
> "Well, what is it?" At that point, the guardian decides to respond
> "A question, ..." As the guardian recites its lines, Kirk et. al.
> continue walking back to the camera side of the guardian, were the guardian
> continues to resond to Kirk's questions.

Why is this an inconsistency? If your quotes are accurate, Kirk's first
question was clearly addressed to Spock. The second wasn't, so the Guardian
felt it appropriate to respond. I don't see that it has anything to do with
what side of the Guardian the people are on.

--- jayembee (Jerry Boyajian, DEC, Maynard, MA)

UUCP:	{decvax|ihnp4|allegra|ucbvax|...}!decwrl!dec-rhea!dec-akov68!boyajian
ARPA:	boyajian%akov68.DEC@DECWRL.ARPA