[net.startrek] T'Pau, etc.

boyajian@akov68.DEC (05/07/85)

> From:	dartvax!tedi	(Ted Ives)

> In regards as to whether Kirk and the gang can be bailed out by the
> influence of the Vulcan government, note that T'Pau, the Vulcan matriarch
> who bailed Kirk out in "Amok Time" was played by Dame Judith Anderson, who
> also played the matriarch who melded Spock back into his body in STIII.
> I'm not sure what the credits said, but I suppose we are to assume that
> she is T'Pau ("The only person ever to turn down a seat on the Federation
> Council").  If so, maybe she will pull off something....

(1) T'Pau was *not* played by Dame Judith Anderson, but by Celia Lovsky.

(2) Dame Judith Anderson played T'Lon (I'm not sure this is right, but it
	is *definitely* not T'Pau!), a high priestess, not the matriarch
	of Vulcan.

This is certainly not to rule out the possibility that T'Pau is still
alive and kicking and can get Kirk off the hook...

--- jayembee (Jerry Boyajian, DEC, Maynard, MA)

UUCP:	{decvax|ihnp4|allegra|ucbvax|...}!decwrl!dec-rhea!dec-akov68!boyajian
ARPA:	boyajian%akov68.DEC@DECWRL.ARPA

josie@ihuxw.UUCP (Johanna Clementz) (05/08/85)

> > In regards as to whether Kirk and the gang can be bailed out by the
> > influence of the Vulcan government, note that T'Pau, the Vulcan matriarch
> > who bailed Kirk out in "Amok Time" was played by Dame Judith Anderson, who
> > also played the matriarch who melded Spock back into his body in STIII.
> > I'm not sure what the credits said, but I suppose we are to assume that
> > she is T'Pau ("The only person ever to turn down a seat on the Federation
> > Council").  If so, maybe she will pull off something....
>
> (1) T'Pau was *not* played by Dame Judith Anderson, but by Celia Lovsky.
>
> (2) Dame Judith Anderson played T'Lon (I'm not sure this is right, but it
> 	is *definitely* not T'Pau!), a high priestess, not the matriarch
> 	of Vulcan.
>
> This is certainly not to rule out the possibility that T'Pau is still
> alive and kicking and can get Kirk off the hook...

I believe that the high priestess in STIII was called T'Lar. -If they
do involve a Vulcan matriarch in ST:IV, I hope that she does not
wear bright orange lipstick (-how illogical). The problem is the
charges against Kirk *may* be too great for any Vulcan official
to reduce. He can not get off completely! Perhaps McCoy and/or
Checkov will not be charged, but Kirk (for obvious reasons),
Sulu (for his part in helping McCoy escape), Scotty (for
sabotaging the Excelsior), and Uhura (for unauthorized use
of the transporter equipment) will have to face the music.

All the *official* announcements about ST:IV worry me somewhat
in that they always refer to the new movie being "offbeat",
"not the ordinary ST flavor", etc. I hope they don't plan
on making the movie a takeoff on BUCKAROO BANZAI or
something! (With John Big Boottie, etc.)
--

				Josie Clementz
				AT&T Bell Laboratories