[net.startrek] Enterprise vs............

ugzannin@sunybcs.UUCP (Adrian Zannin) (05/15/85)

   I don't know if anyone has ever seen this show, but a few years ago there
used to be a cartoon called 'Star Blazers' shown in my area.  Basically
what happened was that some people dug up an old WWII battleship (the
Yamato...the series was made in Japan) and renamed it The Argo and fitted
it for space flight (right!) to protect earth from the Comet Empire, the
Gamalon Empire, etc.  If anyone out there has seen this, would you care
to entertain any ideas about the Enterprise vs. The Argo (or even the
Enterprise vs. the Comet Empire and/or the Gamalon Empire... or even
all three!)?  I'd like to see some reactions/suggestions to this...

"Reaching saturation point...Fire the Wave Motion Gun!"

--
     Adrian Zannin

 ..{burdvax,rocksvax,bbncca,decvax,dual,rocksanne,watmath}!sunybcs!ugzannin
BITNET:  CS24173@SUNYABVA

john@moncol.UUCP (John Ruschmeyer) (05/15/85)

As long as there have been animated Trek episodes, how about pitting the
Enterprise against...

   The Argo from "Starblazers"

       Kirk: Spock what do you make   |   Wildstar: That ship must
             of that ship? 	      |		be a Gamelon trick.
       Spock: Sensors identify it as  |		Prepare to fire the
	     a battleship from Earth's|		"Wave Motion" gun.
	     mid-twentieth century.   |
             And I am reading some    |
	     type of energy buildup.  |
       Kirk: Mr. Sulu, raise shields. |

	--- or if your tastes are more current, how about ---

   VOLTRON- Defender of the universe

	Sure Kirk has battled a few supercomputers, but how about
	a giant superrobot?

Let's hear some scenario's for these two. (You there, Moriarity?)

--
Name:		John Ruschmeyer
US Mail:	Monmouth College, W. Long Branch, NJ 07764

ughenry@sunybcs.UUCP (Henry Neeman) (05/16/85)

>    I don't know if anyone has ever seen this show, but a few years ago there
> used to be a cartoon called 'Star Blazers' shown in my area.  Basically
> what happened was that some people dug up an old WWII battleship (the
> Yamato...the series was made in Japan) and renamed it The Argo and fitted
> it for space flight (right!) to protect earth from the Comet Empire, the
> Gamalon Empire, etc.  If anyone out there has seen this, would you care
> to entertain any ideas about the Enterprise vs. The Argo (or even the
> Enterprise vs. the Comet Empire and/or the Gamalon Empire... or even
> all three!)?  I'd like to see some reactions/suggestions to this...
>      Adrian Zannin

Yes, Adrian, I remember "Star Blazers," mostly because I live in the same
area (Buffalo).  This was animated by the same folks who bring us "The
Littles" on Saturday morning kidvid and the video disc games "Cliff Hanger"
and "Cobra" (or "Cobra something").  All of these are bad.  Also they make/
made "Voltron:  Defender of the Universe" (how can anything defend the
entire universe?  isn't that too big of a job [except for God, if you're
the religious type (8-)]).  All of these items are EXCRUCIATINGLY BAD!
  As for other ships versus the Argo, frankly that thing is so wimpy that
a few well-flown Vipers could propably deep-six the thing:  as you said,
it's a recommissioned 20th century battleship (i.e., for water).  If you
recall, it's fighter ships were almost direct copies of fighter planes
(e.g., F-15 or some such thing).  And almost every time they went into
battle they took serious damage.
  Actually, by now I suppose you are wondering why I watched it.  Well,
I'll tell you:
    a)  there was nothing else but soaps on at the time (and I hate soaps),
    b)  it came on right after I got home from school (this would have been
         around 8th-10th grade), before I had started anything else,
    c)  it actually grows on you (like a fungus?).

                            Henry J. Neeman (ughenry@buffalo)

--

                     Henry J. Neeman (ughenry@buffalo)

Mail, mail, send me mail!

dragonpup@sdcc7.UUCP (dragonpup) (05/22/85)

In article <294@moncol.UUCP> john@moncol.UUCP (John Ruschmeyer) writes:
>   The Argo from "Starblazers"
>   VOLTRON- Defender of the universe
>Let's hear some scenario's for these two. (You there, Moriarity?)
>Name:		John Ruschmeyer

Starblazers would ultimately tire the big E.
Voltron would not be able to out-maneuver the big E though.
notice that they only form the blazing sword as a last resort
and only after they have all been individually damaged?
well the photon blasts would rip apart the tiny itty bitty
voltronettes before voltron would ever form if it could form.

dragonpup