[net.startrek] Inconsistency

eac@drutx.UUCP (CveticEA) (06/12/85)

Has anyone noticed that in the famous death scene of Spock, when Kirk
first walks up to the glass, the flap of his uniform jacket is up (and
shouldn't) be, then they cut to Spock, then when its back to Kirk, the flap
is fixed!  Shame on the stage hands!!

Betsy (lets see some more non-redshirt Yugoslavians) Cvetic
ihnp4!drutx!eac

brown@utflis.UUCP (Susan Brown) (06/13/85)

In article <3009@drutx.UUCP> eac@drutx.UUCP (CveticEA) writes:
>Has anyone noticed that in the famous death scene of Spock, when Kirk
>first walks up to the glass, the flap of his uniform jacket is up (and
>shouldn't) be, then they cut to Spock, then when its back to Kirk, the flap
>is fixed!  Shame on the stage hands!!
>
>Betsy (lets see some more non-redshirt Yugoslavians) Cvetic
>ihnp4!drutx!eac

Very true, this is definitely a continuity error.  Probably the editors
decided to use the better "takes" even though it created this error.

ccs020@ucdavis.UUCP (06/14/85)

> Has anyone noticed that in the famous death scene of Spock, when Kirk
> first walks up to the glass, the flap of his uniform jacket is up (and
> shouldn't) be, then they cut to Spock, then when its back to Kirk, the flap
> is fixed!  Shame on the stage hands!!
>
> Betsy (lets see some more non-redshirt Yugoslavians) Cvetic
> ihnp4!drutx!eac

Another time when Kirk's flap becomes an inconsistancy is when
Scotty's nephew (the guy Scotty carries up to the bridge) is lying
on the sickbay bed and grabs Kirks flap and leaves a bloody hand mark.
Later, the blood stain has moved and looks as if someone just spattered
some red paint on his uniform.  (Which is what probably happened. :-)

If this has come up before, I apologize, but I just finished a final,
and my mind is fried.

--Kevin Chu
..ucbvax!ucdavis!vega!ccs020

/ex