[net.startrek] Trivia from the summer student

rios@ihlpg.UUCP (m. rios) (06/19/85)

*** REPLACE THIS LINE WITH THIS LINE ***

A brief trivia question from the summer student:

In what episode(s) has Spock voluntarily worn a hat/helmet/piece of headgear?
What was it (for each episode)?

Keep on trekkin'...

--
"I dare you to flame me."
		(famous last words of someone eaten by the line-eater)

	Michael A. Rios, the summer student		:-)

eac@drutx.UUCP (CveticEA) (06/20/85)

Spock wore a knit cap to cover his ears as a disguise on Earth in City on
the Edge of Forever.  He also wore a gangster hat in the episode with
Bela Oxmyx etc. (can't remember the name of the episode).

Betsy Cvetic
ihnp4!drutx!eac

wbpesch@ihuxp.UUCP (Walt Pesch) (06/20/85)

> Spock wore a knit cap to cover his ears as a disguise on Earth in City on
> the Edge of Forever.  He also wore a gangster hat in the episode with
> Bela Oxmyx etc. (can't remember the name of the episode).
>
> Betsy Cvetic
> ihnp4!drutx!eac

The episode with Bella and da Boys was "Piece of the Action".

In "Patterns of Force", in which an anthropologist has remodeled a
society into 1930's Germany, Spock wore a SS helmet.

--
Walt Pesch
AT&T Network Systems

root@trwatf.UUCP (Lord Frith) (06/21/85)

In article <674@ihlpg.UUCP> rios@ihlpg.UUCP (m. rios) writes:

> A brief trivia question from the summer student:
>
> In what episode(s) has Spock voluntarily worn a hat/helmet/piece of headgear?

Oooohh... easy one.  Here's three episodes right off the bat...

"A piece of the action"
The episode with Gary Seven.
"The City on the Edge of Forever"
--

UUCP: ...{decvax,ihnp4,allegra}!seismo!trwatf!root	- Lord Frith
ARPA: trwatf!root@SEISMO

"Me like sheep.  Sheep not cost much.  Sheep eat little and not talk back."

ccrrick@ucdavis.UUCP (Rick Heli) (06/21/85)

He wore something to shield his eyes in Is there in Truth no Beauty?
(Kollos the navigator episode).
--
					--rick heli
					(... ucbvax!ucdavis!groucho!ccrrick)

brown@utflis.UUCP (Susan Brown) (06/21/85)

In article <674@ihlpg.UUCP> rios@ihlpg.UUCP (m. rios) writes:
>A brief trivia question from the summer student:
>In what episode(s) has Spock voluntarily worn a hat/helmet/piece of headgear?
>What was it (for each episode)?
>
>	Michael A. Rios, the summer student		:-)

Off the top of my head - Bread and Circuses, a scarf; City on the Edge
of Forever, a tuque; Assignment Earth, man's summer hat; Tholian Web,
"space suit"; Naked Time, "environmental suit"; Spock's Brain,
bandage (was this "voluntary"?), also the control mechanism; Plato's
Stepchildren, wreath of leaves - certainly not voluntary; that's about
it for the top of my head.

ccrdave@ucdavis.UUCP (Lord Kahless) (06/22/85)

> In what episode(s) has Spock voluntarily worn a hat/helmet/piece of headgear?
> What was it (for each episode)?

He wore a knit hat on City on the Edge of Forever and Bread and Circuses.

He wore a mobster's hat in Piece of the Action.

He wore a Nazi helmet in Patterns of Force.

Any more?

				Lord Kahless

don@umd5.UUCP (06/23/85)

In article <1009@trwatf.UUCP> root@trwatf.UUCP (Lord Frith) writes:
>In article <674@ihlpg.UUCP> rios@ihlpg.UUCP (m. rios) writes:
>> A brief trivia question from the summer student:
>> In what episode(s) has Spock voluntarily worn a hat/helmet/piece of headgear?
>
>"A piece of the action"
>The episode with Gary Seven.
>"The City on the Edge of Forever"
>--
Don't forget 'Patterns of Force' !

--
--==---==---==--

___________      _____ ---- _____
       \        //---- IDIC -----
       _\______//_     ----
        ----------

  ARPA: don@umd5.ARPA
BITNET: don%umd5@umd2
SPOKEN: Chris Sylvain
  UUCP: {seismo, rlgvax, allegra, brl-bmd, nrl-css}!umcp-cs!cvl!umd5!don

tk@cvl.UUCP (Tharakesh Siddalingaiah) (06/24/85)

> In article <1009@trwatf.UUCP> root@trwatf.UUCP (Lord Frith) writes:
> >In article <674@ihlpg.UUCP> rios@ihlpg.UUCP (m. rios) writes:
> >> A brief trivia question from the summer student:
> >> In what episode(s) has Spock voluntarily worn a hat/helmet/piece of headgear?
> >
> >"A piece of the action"
> >The episode with Gary Seven.
> >"The City on the Edge of Forever"
> >--
> Don't forget 'Patterns of Force' !
>
>   ARPA: don@umd5.ARPA
> BITNET: don%umd5@umd2
> SPOKEN: Chris Sylvain

Also...forget not:

Bones' remote-control unit in "Spock's Brain"

-dave hsu
(posting from another's account)

note that mine has been disabled.  hsu@cvl is no more.
--
 Tharakesh Siddalingaiah ---
      University of Maryland Computer Vision Lab,     (301) 454-4526

edward@ukma.UUCP (Edward C. Bennett) (06/25/85)

In article <674@ihlpg.UUCP> rios@ihlpg.UUCP (m. rios) writes:

> A brief trivia question from the summer student:
>
> In what episode(s) has Spock voluntarily worn a hat/helmet/piece of headgear?

	How about the visor in "Is There in Truth No Beauty?"?

--
edward
		{decvax,ihnp4,mhuxt,seismo}! -+-> cbosgd! --> ukma!edward

    |--		"Well, what's on the television then?"
   /|---	"Looks like a penguin."
  |     \  _
   \___/ \=	Support barrier free design