[net.startrek] Another Trivia Question -- hairless Klingons

evan@petfe.UUCP (Evan Marcus) (06/12/85)

Though I doubt it's the one you want, in The Trouble With Tribbles, the
Klingon agent is  shown without facial hair.

--Evan Marcus
--
{ucbvax|decvax}!vax135!petsd!petfe!evan
                         ...!pedsgd!pedsga!evan

"So, if she weighs the same as a duck, she is made of wood..."
"And therefore..."
"A witch!"

brown@utflis.UUCP (Susan Brown) (06/14/85)

There are whole platoons of clean-shaven Klingons in Errand of Mercy
(that's the Organian one, for you non-title people).  No doubt they
are very young and low-ranking.  Kor and the mind-sifter operator
are the exceptions.

Why didn't Lord Kahless know this?  Typical unreliable Klingon.

ccrdave@ucdavis.UUCP (Lord Kahless) (06/18/85)

> There are whole platoons of clean-shaven Klingons in Errand of Mercy
> (that's the Organian one, for you non-title people).  No doubt they
> are very young and low-ranking.  Kor and the mind-sifter operator
> are the exceptions.
>
> Why didn't Lord Kahless know this?  Typical unreliable Klingon.

The message must not have reached you.  I explained in an earlier
message that that unshaven Klingons are the Imperial equivalent of
Redshirts.

chrisa@azure.UUCP (Chris Andersen) (06/18/85)

> There are whole platoons of clean-shaven Klingons in Errand of Mercy
> (that's the Organian one, for you non-title people).  No doubt they
> are very young and low-ranking.  Kor and the mind-sifter operator
> are the exceptions.
>
> Why didn't Lord Kahless know this?  Typical unreliable Klingon.

Correct!  Brownie Point at twelve o'clock.

Here's another one:

In all of the runs of the shows on television, there is one scene in which
there is a door that does not slide open but instead has a doorknob.
What is the scene and the show it takes place in?

[Note: this does not apply to landing on primitive planets where they do
not as of yet have the sliding doors.  This applies only to areas of
high-technology Federation locations (ie starships, starbases, etc.)]

and to add to the fun:

Name the show, the scene, and the actor who says the following line.

"WHERE?"  <said in a very determined voice>

P.S. the next line of this same actor in this scene is "What???" <surprised>

mary@bunkerb.UUCP (Mary Shurtleff) (06/19/85)

> and to add to the fun:
>
> Name the show, the scene, and the actor who says the following line.
>
> "WHERE?"  <said in a very determined voice>
>

> P.S. the next line of this same actor in this scene is "What???" <surprised>

OK, I'll stick my neck out.  It was in "The Trouble With Tribbles", and is the
scene at the end of the show where the captain is grilling Scotty on the fate
of all the tribbles that were on the Big E.  Scotty is desparately trying to
avoid telling him, which is why the exasperated tone in Kirk's voice.  The
"What?" comes after Scotty tells him that he's given the tribbles to the
Klingons.

M. Shurtleff

brown@utflis.UUCP (Susan Brown) (06/24/85)

In article <526@bunkerb.UUCP> mary@bunkerb.UUCP (Mary Shurtleff) writes:
>> Name the show, the scene, and the actor who says the following line.
>> "WHERE?"  <said in a very determined voice>
>> P.S. the next line of this same actor in this scene is "What???" <surprised>
>
>OK, I'll stick my neck out.  It was in "The Trouble With Tribbles", and is the
>scene at the end of the show where the captain is grilling Scotty on the fate
>of all the tribbles that were on the Big E.  Scotty is desparately trying to
>avoid telling him, which is why the exasperated tone in Kirk's voice.  The
>"What?" comes after Scotty tells him that he's given the tribbles to the
>Klingons.

Sorry, I thought of that first too, but research reveals that Kirk's next
line is "You gave them to the Klingons???" and not "What?  I haven't come
up with the answer yet myself. (Listing all of Kirk's girlfriends could
take all week!!)

chrisa@azure.UUCP (Chris Andersen) (06/28/85)

In article <159@utflis.UUCP> brown@utflis.UUCP (Susan Brown) writes:
>In article <526@bunkerb.UUCP> mary@bunkerb.UUCP (Mary Shurtleff) writes:
>>> Name the show, the scene, and the actor who says the following line.
>>> "WHERE?"  <said in a very determined voice>
>>> P.S. the next line of this same actor in this scene is "What???" <surprised>
>>
>>OK, I'll stick my neck out.  It was in "The Trouble With Tribbles", and is the
>>scene at the end of the show where the captain is grilling Scotty on the fate
>>of all the tribbles that were on the Big E.  Scotty is desparately trying to
>>avoid telling him, which is why the exasperated tone in Kirk's voice.  The
>>"What?" comes after Scotty tells him that he's given the tribbles to the
>>Klingons.
>>
>Sorry, I thought of that first too, but research reveals that Kirk's next
>line is "You gave them to the Klingons???" and not "What?  I haven't come
>up with the answer yet myself. (Listing all of Kirk's girlfriends could
>take all week!!)

Woops, appears I goofed.  I *was* refering to the sequence mentioned in
Trouble with Tribbles.  I could have sworn that Kirks next line was "what?".
My memory tells me that this was the sequence:

Kirk:  WHERE?
Scotty:  I gave them to the Klingons.
Kirk:  What?
Scotty:  I gave them to the Klingons.
Kirk:  You gave them to the Klingons?
Scotty:  Aye.  I beamed the entire kit-n-kaboodle over to their engine room.
         Why there won't be nary a tribble at all.

I'm not completely sure about Scotty's last line but I do remember the 'tribble'
part.

Chris Andersen