[net.startrek] Lovers and Love-making

Raju@ut-ngp.UTEXAS (Raju) (06/23/85)

	Name the episodes where love-making is shown/implied
	and who are the lovers?

lear@topaz.ARPA (eliot lear) (06/24/85)

> 	Name the episodes where love-making is shown/implied
> 	and who are the lovers?

Here we go:

The Managerie:  Captain Pike will have a long time to play with fantacy!!

Shore Leave:   "RUTH!!"

Space Seed:	Khan and his future wife have a pretty good shot.

This side of Paradise: Spock had the "Gaul to make love to that woman."

I, Mudd:  Mudd and how many Alices?

Bread and Circuses:  Kirk and the Slave!

The Paradise Sindrome:  "MIRAMANEE!!!!"

Elaan of Troyius:  Beware a woman's tears as they are her ultimate weapon.

The Mark of Gideon:  Kirk made that Girl sick!!

All our Yesterdays:  Spock and Zarabeth!

		I think that's all of them,

					eliot
--
uucp: [{allegra,seismo,ihnp4}!topaz!lear]
arpa: [Lear@RU-BLUE.arpa]

root@trwatf.UUCP (Lord Frith) (06/24/85)

In article <1871@ut-ngp.UTEXAS> Raju@ut-ngp.UTEXAS (Raju) writes:

>	Name the episodes where love-making is shown/implied
>	and who are the lovers?

Well I remember in "The Wink of an Eye" Kirk putting his boot back on...
getting up from the bed... and caressing the hair of queen what's-her-name
who was combing her hair in front of the mirror in his cabin.  This strikes
me as the most explicit inuendo of love-making that I saw on Star Trek.

Kirk taught me everything I know...
--

UUCP: ...{decvax,ihnp4,allegra}!seismo!trwatf!root	- Lord Frith
ARPA: trwatf!root@SEISMO

"Me like sheep.  Sheep not cost much.  Sheep eat little and not talk back."

naiman@pegasus.UUCP (Ephrayim J. Naiman) (06/26/85)

<munch, munch>

>> 	Name the episodes where love-making is shown/implied
>> 	and who are the lovers?

> Here we go:

> The Managerie, Shore Leave, Space Seed, This side of Paradise, I, Mudd,
> Bread and Circuses, The Paradise Sindrome, Elaan of Troyius,
> The Mark of Gideon, All our Yesterdays.
>
>		I think that's all of them,
>

>					eliot

Wasn't there a VERY implied love scene in "The Wink of an Eye" ?
I seem to recall seeing Kirk putting his boots on sitting on the side
of a bed.

--

==> Ephrayim J. Naiman @ AT&T Information Systems Laboratories (201) 576-6259
Paths: [ihnp4, allegra, mtuxo, maxvax, cbosgd, lzmi, ...]!pegasus!naiman

brown@utflis.UUCP (Susan Brown) (06/26/85)

In article <2358@topaz.ARPA> lear@topaz.ARPA (eliot lear) writes:
>> 	Name the episodes where love-making is shown/implied
>> 	and who are the lovers?
>Here we go:
>The Managerie:  Captain Pike will have a long time to play with fantacy!!
>Shore Leave:   "RUTH!!"
>Space Seed:	Khan and his future wife have a pretty good shot.
>This side of Paradise: Spock had the "Gaul to make love to that woman."
>I, Mudd:  Mudd and how many Alices?
>Bread and Circuses:  Kirk and the Slave!
>The Paradise Sindrome:  "MIRAMANEE!!!!"
>Elaan of Troyius:  Beware a woman's tears as they are her ultimate weapon.
>The Mark of Gideon:  Kirk made that Girl sick!!
>All our Yesterdays:  Spock and Zarabeth!
>		I think that's all of them,
>					eliot
>There are a couple more: notably Wink of an Eye, where Kirk is sitting on
the edge of the bed pulling on his boots, and Deela is combing her hair.
You almost wonder where the NBC censors were looking.
Also, Spock certainly "made love" to the Commander in The Enterprise
Incident, by Vulcan standards.  How long was Bones on Yonada before he
decided to fink on Natira in For the World is Hollow...?
Brownie.-

elb@mtx5d.UUCP (Ellen Bart) (06/27/85)

[all i ask is a tall ship]

Where in I, Mudd is love-making implied?  I'm also not sure I agree
with you about Menagerie -- doesn't Vina say "I'm not finished"

ellen bart

lear@topaz.ARPA (eliot lear) (06/28/85)

> <munch, munch>
>
> >> 	Name the episodes where love-making is shown/implied
> >> 	and who are the lovers?
>
> > Here we go:
>
> > The Managerie, Shore Leave, Space Seed, This side of Paradise, I, Mudd,
> > Bread and Circuses, The Paradise Sindrome, Elaan of Troyius,
> > The Mark of Gideon, All our Yesterdays.
> >
> >		I think that's all of them,
> >

> >					eliot
>
> Wasn't there a VERY implied love scene in "The Wink of an Eye" ?
> I seem to recall seeing Kirk putting his boots on sitting on the side
> of a bed.

SHAME ON ME!!  You're right!!

					eliot
--

barmar@mit-eddie.UUCP (Barry Margolin) (06/29/85)

In article <689@mtx5d.UUCP> elb@mtx5d.UUCP (Ellen Bart) writes:
>Where in I, Mudd is love-making implied?  I'm also not sure I agree
>with you about Menagerie -- doesn't Vina say "I'm not finished"

In the scene in which the Alices tell Chekhov that they can perform ALL
the functions of a human woman.  This is what prompts him to say, "but
it is a wery NICE gilded cage" in the group scene that comes a few
minutes later.

If you only watch ST on WPIX (NY channel 11) then you will never see the
scene I am referring to, as they butcher episodes horribly in order to
fit in all their commercials.  I never saw this scene until I saw the
episode at a con.
--
    Barry Margolin
    ARPA: barmar@MIT-Multics

lear@topaz.ARPA (eliot lear) (06/29/85)

> [all i ask is a tall ship]
>
> Where in I, Mudd is love-making implied?  I'm also not sure I agree
> with you about Menagerie -- doesn't Vina say "I'm not finished"
>
> ellen bart

Well,
	What I am saying is that Harry had 500 Alices for HOW LONG?  They
perform ALL functions of a human being...

As far as the Managerie is concerned, Vena and Pike are going to be there
for a very long time and they will both live in a world of fantacy.  If I
were going to live in a world in a world of fantacy....

						eliot