[net.startrek] Pathetic Trivia Answers

carlin@noscvax.UUCP (Michael J. Carlin) (06/25/85)

eliot asks-
>How many non starfleet characters can you name that were in more then one
>episode?  I'm talking specifically about characters and not about their
>protrayers (although that's another question that you might want to answer.)

Harry Mudd is a pretty pathetic answer to this question.  What follows is
the most complete answer so far posted(as of 6/24/85).

CHARACTER           EPISODES
Harry Mudd           Mudd's Women, I,Mudd, and Mudd's Passion
Cyrano Jones         The Trouble with Tribbles and More Tribbles, More Troubles
Captain Koloth and   The Trouble with Tribbles and More Tribbles, More Troubles
   Korax
Commander Kor        Errand Of Mercy and Time Trap(Kor was a Captain in this
				   later episode)
Sarek and Amanda     Journey To Babel and Yesteryear
Alice and the        Shore Leave and Once Upon a Planet
     White Rabbit

If we stretch the non starfleet requirement a little then Robert Wesley
appeared as a commodore  in The Ultimate Computer and later as
Governor of Mantilles in One of Our Planets Is Missing.

As to persons portraying different characters here is what I've determined
so far (regular cast and semi-regular cast excluded of course).

PORTRAYER           CHARACTER           EPISODE
Diana Muldaur       Ann Mulhall         Return To Tomorrow
		            Miranda Jones       Is There in Truth no Beauty?
Mark Lenard         Sarek               Journey To Babel
		            Romulan Commander   Balance Of Terror
Barbara Babcock     Mea 3               A Taste of Armageddon
		            Philana             Plato's Stepchildren
Ian Wolfe           Mr. Atov            All Our Yesterdays
		            Septimus            Bread And Circus

I don't claim these lists are complete.  Who knows how many extras
played multiple roles throughout the episodes.

Mike Carlin

johnw@astroatc.UUCP (06/27/85)

> the most complete answer so far posted(as of 6/24/85).
>
> CHARACTER           EPISODES
> Harry Mudd           Mudd's Women, I,Mudd, and Mudd's Passion

I only remember 2 Mudd shows.....

> Cyrano Jones         The Trouble with Tribbles and More Tribbles, More Troubles

Where/what is "More Tribbles, More Troubles"  (It can't be a tv show, cuz
I've seen all the tv shows (at least 7 times each) and I still watch then
one per week (religiously!)

> Captain Koloth and   The Trouble with Tribbles and More Tribbles, More Troubles
>    Korax
> Commander Kor        Errand Of Mercy and Time Trap(Kor was a Captain in this
> 				   later episode)
> Sarek and Amanda     Journey To Babel and Yesteryear
> Alice and the        Shore Leave and Once Upon a Planet
>      White Rabbit

ditto for "Once Upon a Planet"

> If we stretch the non starfleet requirement a little then Robert Wesley
> appeared as a commodore  in The Ultimate Computer and later as
> Governor of Mantilles in One of Our Planets Is Missing.

Also, please explain "One of Our Planets Is Missing"
I always though the one with the planet eater was called
"The Doomsday Machine".

rcook@uiucuxc.Uiuc.ARPA (06/30/85)

I don't recognize a couple of your episodes, specifically: More Tribbles, More
							   Tribbles.
						    and    Mudd's Passion.

	    Are these animated versions, books, etc. or what??
	    Or am I a complete idiot?

	 Rob Cook

UUCP:	 {ihnp4,pur-ee}!uiucdcs!uiucuxc!rcook

      'Life is just a cocktail party on the street'
			-Mick Jagger-

tli@oberon.UUCP (Tony Li) (07/01/85)

In article <163@astroatc.UUCP> johnw@astroatc.UUCP writes:
    > Harry Mudd           Mudd's Women, I,Mudd, and Mudd's Passion

    I only remember 2 Mudd shows.....

Mudd's Passion is an animated episode.

    Where/what is "More Tribbles, More Troubles"  (It can't be a tv show, cuz
    I've seen all the tv shows (at least 7 times each) and I still watch then
    one per week (religiously!)

Again, an animated episode.

    ditto for "Once Upon a Planet"

Ditto.

    Also, please explain "One of Our Planets Is Missing"
    I always though the one with the planet eater was called
    "The Doomsday Machine".

You're right...  But "One of our planets is missing is again an
animated episode.
--
Tony Li ;-)		Usc Computer Science
Uucp: {sdcrdcf,randvax}!uscvax!tli

brown@utflis.UUCP (Susan Brown) (07/02/85)

In article <163@astroatc.UUCP> johnw@astroatc.UUCP writes:
>> the most complete answer so far posted(as of 6/24/85).
>> CHARACTER           EPISODES
>> Harry Mudd           Mudd's Women, I,Mudd, and Mudd's Passion
>I only remember 2 Mudd shows.....
>> Cyrano Jones         The Trouble with Tribbles and More Tribbles, More Troubles
>Where/what is "More Tribbles, More Troubles"  (It can't be a tv show, cuz
>I've seen all the tv shows (at least 7 times each) and I still watch then
>one per week (religiously!)
>> Captain Koloth and   The Trouble with Tribbles and More Tribbles, More Troubles
>>    Korax
>> Commander Kor        Errand Of Mercy and Time Trap(Kor was a Captain in this
>> 				   later episode)
>> Sarek and Amanda     Journey To Babel and Yesteryear
>> Alice and the        Shore Leave and Once Upon a Planet
>>      White Rabbit
>ditto for "Once Upon a Planet"
>> If we stretch the non starfleet requirement a little then Robert Wesley
>> appeared as a commodore  in The Ultimate Computer and later as
>> Governor of Mantilles in One of Our Planets Is Missing.
>Also, please explain "One of Our Planets Is Missing"
>I always though the one with the planet eater was called
>"The Doomsday Machine".

NOTE: Once Upon a Planet, Yesteryear, Time Trap, More Tribbles, More
Troubles, One of Our Planets is Missing and sundry others are
animated episodes from the mid-1970's (I think) program which
Roddenberry OKed and for which the original cast did the voices;
therefore they can be considered *canon*.  Alan Dean Foster wrote
up the print versions which sometimes vary.  I have only seen these
in French and of course they do not have the original cast voices
although they aren't too bad really.
Susan in Canada

ccrdave@ucdavis.UUCP (Lord Kahless) (07/08/85)

> NOTE: Once Upon a Planet, Yesteryear, Time Trap, More Tribbles, More
> Troubles, One of Our Planets is Missing and sundry others are
> animated episodes from the mid-1970's (I think) program which
> Roddenberry OKed and for which the original cast did the voices;
> therefore they can be considered *canon*.  Alan Dean Foster wrote
> up the print versions which sometimes vary.  I have only seen these
> in French and of course they do not have the original cast voices
> although they aren't too bad really.
> Susan in Canada

Not all of the voices are original.  Sarek's voice was Mark Lenard,
but Amanda's was Majel Barret, for example.  I think Kor's was James
Doohan.  Canonized Trek or not, I don't think you can consider Colicos
or Wyatt as having had a second episode.