[net.startrek] As long as We're into Trivia

lear@topaz.ARPA (eliot lear) (06/13/85)

How many non starfleet characters can you name that were in more then one
episode?  I'm talking specifically about characters and not about their
protrayers (although that's another question that you might want to answer.)

					eliot
--
uucp: [{allegra,seismo,ihnp4}!topaz!lear]
arpa: [Lear@RU-BLUE.arpa]

hsu@cvl.UUCP (Dave Hsu) (06/15/85)

> How many non starfleet characters can you name that were in more then one
> episode?  I'm talking specifically about characters and not about their
> protrayers (although that's another question that you might want to answer.)
>
> 					eliot
> --

How about the (M-113?) salt creature, which starred in 'Man Trap'.  It
reappears in 'Squire of Gothos' as a stuffed niche-figure, the first
thing Trelane vaporizes while playing with a phaser.

Also...according to the Chronology (no, not the Concordance), the transporter
is first tested in 2174, but no other mention is made of its history.

-dave

edward@ukma.UUCP (Edward C. Bennett) (06/15/85)

In article <2281@topaz.ARPA>, lear@topaz.ARPA (eliot lear) writes:
> How many non starfleet characters can you name that were in more then one
> episode?  I'm talking specifically about characters and not about their
> protrayers (although that's another question that you might want to answer.)

	Well, off the top of my pointy little head...

Characters

Harcourt Fenton Mudd	"I, Mudd"
			"Mudd's Women"

Actors

Robert Brown		Lazarus in "The Alternative Factor"
			Lazarus in "The Alternative Factor"

William Campbell	Trelane in "The Squire of Gothos"
			Captain Koloth in "The Trouble with Tribbles"

John Harmon 		Rodent in "The City on the Edge of Forever"
			something in "A Piece of the Action"

Skip Homeier		Melakon in "Patterns of Force"
			Dr. Sevrin in "The Way to Eden"

Craig Hundley		Tommy Starnes in "And the Children Shall Lead"
			Peter Kirk in "Operation: Annihilate"

Mark Lenard		Sarek in "Journey to Babel"
			The Romulan Commander in "Balance of Terror"
			The Klingon Commander in STTMP

Jon Lormewr		Tamar in "The Return of the Archons"
			Dr. Theodore Haskins in "The Cage"
			The old man in "For the World is Hollow and I have
							Touched the Sky"

Charles Macauley	Prefect Jaris in "Wolf in the Fold"
			Landru in "The Return of the Archons"

Blaisdell Makee		Mr. Spinelli in "Space Seed"
			Mr. Singh in "The Changeling"

Lawrence Montaigne	Stonn in "Amok Time"
			something in "Balance of Terror"

Diana Muldaur		Dr. Ann Mulhall in "Return to Tomorrow"
			Dr. Miranda Jones in "Is There in Truth No Beauty?"

Ian Wolfe		Mr. Atoz in "All Our Yesterdays"
			Septimus in "Bread and Circuses"

There are no doubt more, but this is plenty. Thanks go to 'The Star Trek
Compendium'

resident trekker,

--
edward
		 {ucbvax,unmvax,boulder,research}!anlams! -|
  |     \  _
   \___/ \=		"Well, what's on the television then?"
			"Looks like a penguin."
Support barrier free design

don@umd5.UUCP (06/15/85)

In article <2281@topaz.ARPA> lear@topaz.ARPA (eliot lear) writes:
>How many non starfleet characters can you name that were in more then one
>episode?  I'm talking specifically about characters and not about their
>protrayers (although that's another question that you might want to answer.)

Harry Mudd is the only one that I can remember...

--
--==---==---==--
"Space, the final frontier ..."

  ARPA: umd5!don@maryland.ARPA
BITNET: don%umd5@umd2
SPOKEN: Chris Sylvain
  UUCP: {seismo, rlgvax, allegra, brl-bmd, nrl-css}!umcp-cs!cvl!umd5!don

ccrdave@ucdavis.UUCP (Lord Kahless) (06/15/85)

> How many non starfleet characters can you name that were in more then one
> episode?  I'm talking specifically about characters and not about their
> protrayers (although that's another question that you might want to answer.)

Harcord Fenton Mudd, by Roger C. Carmel(?)

chrisa@azure.UUCP (Chris Andersen) (06/16/85)

> How many non starfleet characters can you name that were in more then one
> episode?  I'm talking specifically about characters and not about their
> protrayers (although that's another question that you might want to answer.)
>
> 					eliot

Simplicity!

None other then Harcourt Fenton Mudd   (sp?)

lear@topaz.ARPA (eliot lear) (06/21/85)

> How about the (M-113?) salt creature, which starred in 'Man Trap'.  It
> reappears in 'Squire of Gothos' as a stuffed niche-figure, the first
> thing Trelane vaporizes while playing with a phaser.

 No, I mean characters!!!!!

					eliot
--
uucp: [{allegra,seismo,ihnp4}!topaz!lear]
arpa: [Lear@RU-BLUE.arpa]

frascado@umn-cs.UUCP (Gregory Frascadore) (06/23/85)

Yet another Star Trek trivia question:

	In how many star trek episodes does Dr. McCoy NOT appear?
	How about Scotty?

--
-------
				Gregory Frascadore

 Gort, Klaatu barado nickto emacs!

terryl@tekcrl.UUCP () (06/23/85)

      OK, I'm tired of all these other trivia questions for the last month
or so, so I'm proposing a new one:

	How many people can you name that were guest stars on our favorite
TV show were REGULARS on another TV show, either past or present??? For
example, everyone seems to know that Joan Collins, who guest-starred in
"The City On The Edge Of Forever", is now a regular cast member of "Dynasty".

     I can name four(maybe five, I'm not sure about one)others. Anyone
know more????? No fair looking in any kind of reference material, do it
from memory!!!!

barmar@mit-eddie.UUCP (Barry Margolin) (06/25/85)

Well, Mariette Hartley was a regular on a sit-com with Bill Bixby last
year; I don't remember its name, but they played TV news anchor-people.
--
    Barry Margolin
    ARPA: barmar@MIT-Multics

ccrdave@ucdavis.UUCP (Lord Kahless) (06/26/85)

>       OK, I'm tired of all these other trivia questions for the last month
> or so, so I'm proposing a new one:
>
> 	How many people can you name that were guest stars on our favorite
> TV show were REGULARS on another TV show, either past or present???

My favorite is Jack Perkins, who used to be a regular on N.B.C. News,
and was the announcer in Bread and Circusses.

Barbara Anderson was in Mission Impossible (Conscience of the King)

Tige Andrews was in the Mod Squad (Friday's Child)

Roger C. Carmel was in The Mothers in Law (Harry Mudd)

Bridget and Bernie's Catholic Priest was in Taste of Armegedon

James Daly was in Medical Center (Requium for Methuselah)

John Fiedler was on the Bob Newhart Show (Wold in the Fold)

Katherine Hays was in some soap or other (The Empath)

Robert Lansing was in 12:00 High, wasn't he? (Assignment: Earth)

Gary Lockwood was in Naked City, I think (Where no man..)

Lee Meriwether was in Time Tunnel and Barnaby Jones (That Which Survives)

William Schallert was on the Patty Duke Show (Tribbles)

David Soul was in Starsky and Hutch (The Apple)

Vic Tayback was in Alice (A Piece of the Action)

William Windom was in My World and Welcome To It (Doomsday Machine)

			Lord Kahless

brown@utflis.UUCP (Susan Brown) (06/26/85)

--------Beantown, maybe?----------sb

eac@drutx.UUCP (CveticEA) (06/28/85)

>>       OK, I'm tired of all these other trivia questions for the last month
>> or so, so I'm proposing a new one:
>>
>> 	How many people can you name that were guest stars on our favorite
>> TV show were REGULARS on another TV show, either past or present???
>
>My favorite is Jack Perkins, who used to be a regular on N.B.C. News,
>and was the announcer in Bread and Circusses.
>
>Barbara Anderson was in Mission Impossible (Conscience of the King)
>
>Tige Andrews was in the Mod Squad (Friday's Child)
>
>Roger C. Carmel was in The Mothers in Law (Harry Mudd)
>
>Bridget and Bernie's Catholic Priest was in Taste of Armegedon
>
>James Daly was in Medical Center (Requium for Methuselah)
>
>John Fiedler was on the Bob Newhart Show (Wold in the Fold)
>
>Katherine Hays was in some soap or other (The Empath)
>
>Robert Lansing was in 12:00 High, wasn't he? (Assignment: Earth)
>
>Gary Lockwood was in Naked City, I think (Where no man..)
>
>Lee Meriwether was in Time Tunnel and Barnaby Jones (That Which Survives)
>
>William Schallert was on the Patty Duke Show (Tribbles)
>
>David Soul was in Starsky and Hutch (The Apple)
>
>Vic Tayback was in Alice (A Piece of the Action)
>
>William Windom was in My World and Welcome To It (Doomsday Machine)
>
>			Lord Kahless

Don't forget Joan Collins (City on the Edge of Forever) also of Dynasty
fame.

Betsy Cvetic
ihnp4!drutx!eac

bccarty@whuts.UUCP (CARTY) (06/28/85)

Lord Kahless forgot the most obvious guest star currently seen on
prime-time TV --- Joan Collins in Dynasty (City on the Edge of
Forever).

hsd@uvacs.UUCP (Harry S. Delugach) (06/28/85)

>>       OK, I'm tired of all these other trivia questions for the last month
>> or so, so I'm proposing a new one:
>>
>> 	How many people can you name that were guest stars on our favorite
>> TV show were REGULARS on another TV show, either past or present???

Lord Kahless gave excellent answers. I just saw COTEOF and noted that
Joan Collins (of Dynasty or one of those nightime soaps) played the female lead.

--

Harry S. Delugach   University of Virginia, Dept. of Computer Science
                    uucp: decvax!mcnc!ncsu!uvacs!hsd   	CSNET: hsd@virginia

jlp@faust.UUCP (06/29/85)

{}
    THESPIAN	Trek Role 	Episode	Other Show	Character

Vic Tayback	Krako		PotA	Alice		Mel
William Windom	Cdr. Decker	DM	The Farmer's	Senator
					Daughter
Joan Collins	Edith Keeler	CotEoF	Dynasty		Alexis Colby
Gary Lockwood	Cmdr. Mitchell	WNMHGB	The Lieutenant
Lloyd Haynes	Lt. Alden	WNMHGB	Room 222	(Lead history teacher)
Lee Meriwether	Defender	TWS	Barnaby Jones	(Barnaby's Daughter)
					The Time Tunnel	(Chief Operator)
Tige Andrews	Klingon		aPLW	The Mod Squad	(the Lieuenant)
???		Parman's Wife	PS	Hill Street 	Grace ( Phil's lady)
					Blues
Marriette	Zarabeth	AOY	Goodnight 	(female anchor)
	Hartley				Beantown
James ???	Dr. in charge	DitM	Barney Miller	Inspector Lugar
Robert Lansing	Gary Seven	A:E	12:00 High	Colonel Frank ???
Clint Howard	Alien Commander	CM	Gentle Ben	(Precocious Kid)

That's all for now... ( this is from memory, right?)

Jerryl Payne
...!ihnp4!inmet!faust!jlp

jlp@faust.UUCP (06/29/85)

/**** faust:net.startrek / faust!jlp /  4:20 pm  Jun 28, 1985 ****/
{}
    THESPIAN	Trek Role 	Episode	Other Show	Character

Vic Tayback	Krako		PotA	Alice		Mel
William Windom	Cdr. Decker	DM	The Farmer's	Senator
					Daughter
Joan Collins	Edith Keeler	CotEoF	Dynasty		Alexis Colby
Gary Lockwood	Cmdr. Mitchell	WNMHGB	The Lieutenant
Lloyd Haynes	Lt. Alden	WNMHGB	Room 222	(Lead history teacher)
Lee Meriwether	Defender	TWS	Barnaby Jones	(Barnaby's Daughter)
					The Time Tunnel	(Chief Operator)
Tige Andrews	Klingon		aPLW	The Mod Squad	(the Lieuenant)
???		Parman's Wife	PS	Hill Street 	Grace ( Phil's lady)
					Blues
Marriette	Zarabeth	AOY	Goodnight 	(female anchor)
	Hartley				Beantown
James ???	Dr. in charge	DitM	Barney Miller	Inspector Lugar
Robert Lansing	Gary Seven	A:E	12:00 High	Colonel Frank ???
Clint Howard	Alien Commander	CM	Gentle Ben	(Precocious Kid)
Ricardo		Kahn N. Singh	SS	Fantasy Island	Mr. Roarke
      Montalban

That's all for now... ( this is from memory, right?)

Jerryl Payne
...!ihnp4!inmet!faust!jlp
/* ---------- */

ftsjmd@ncsu.UUCP (Mike Davis) (06/30/85)

Excuse me if this has been posted already but I have had a pretty good hunch
about one actor on a startrek episode that also was a semi-regular on
another tv show.  I am speaking of Mr. Atoz in the episode where all the
inhabitants of a planet whose sun is about to go nova escape by going
into their past.  (Also had Mariette (sp) Hartley in it).  I believe
Mr. Atoz was played by Ian Wolfe who also was Hirsch (Mrs. Carlson's
butler) in the show WKRP.

bccarty@whuts.UUCP (Brian C. Carty) (07/01/85)

> > 	How many people can you name that were guest stars on our favorite
> > TV show were REGULARS on another TV show, either past or present???

Also, Lee Bergere was Joseph on Dynasty (Abraham Lincoln, The Savage
Curtain).

Michael Zaslow was on an ABC soap (All My Children or One life to Live,
I think) (The Man Trap and The Apple(?))

I wasn't too sure about this one, but is the Susan Howard who played
Kang's wife Mara in "Day of the Dove" the same Susan Howard who plays
Donna on Dallas?

bccarty@whuts.UUCP (Brian C. Carty) (07/01/85)

> > > 	How many people can you name that were guest stars on our favorite
> > > TV show were REGULARS on another TV show, either past or present???

I forgot one actress -- Louise Sorel, who played Rayna in Requiem for
Methuselah, can now be found on Santa Barbara.

brown@utflis.UUCP (Susan Brown) (07/02/85)

In article <3133@drutx.UUCP> eac@drutx.UUCP (CveticEA) writes:

>>>       OK, I'm tired of all these other trivia questions for the last month
>>> or so, so I'm proposing a new one:
>>>
>>> 	How many people can you name that were guest stars on our favorite
>>> TV show were REGULARS on another TV show, either past or present???
>>
>>My favorite is Jack Perkins, who used to be a regular on N.B.C. News,
>>and was the announcer in Bread and Circusses.
>>
>>Barbara Anderson was in Mission Impossible (Conscience of the King)
>>
>>Tige Andrews was in the Mod Squad (Friday's Child)
>>
>>Roger C. Carmel was in The Mothers in Law (Harry Mudd)
>>
>>Bridget and Bernie's Catholic Priest was in Taste of Armegedon
>>
>>James Daly was in Medical Center (Requium for Methuselah)
>>
>>John Fiedler was on the Bob Newhart Show (Wold in the Fold)
>>
>>Katherine Hays was in some soap or other (The Empath)
>>
>>Robert Lansing was in 12:00 High, wasn't he? (Assignment: Earth)
>>
>>Gary Lockwood was in Naked City, I think (Where no man..)
>>
>>Lee Meriwether was in Time Tunnel and Barnaby Jones (That Which Survives)
>>
>>William Schallert was on the Patty Duke Show (Tribbles)
>>
>>David Soul was in Starsky and Hutch (The Apple)
>>
>>Vic Tayback was in Alice (A Piece of the Action)
>>
>>William Windom was in My World and Welcome To It (Doomsday Machine)
>>
>>			Lord Kahless
>>
>Don't forget Joan Collins (City on the Edge of Forever) also of Dynasty
>fame.
>
>Betsy Cvetic
>ihnp4!drutx!eac

Dont't forget Mark Lenard, also of Here Come the Brides.

Susan Brown

brown@utflis.UUCP (Susan Brown) (07/05/85)

In article <751@umn-cs.UUCP> frascado@umn-cs.UUCP (Gregory Frascadore) writes:
>Yet another Star Trek trivia question:
>	In how many star trek episodes does Dr. McCoy NOT appear?
>	How about Scotty?
>				Gregory Frascadore

OK.  McCoy was not in Where No Man Has Gone Before, What Are Little Girls
Made Of?, and Errand of Mercy.
Scotty is harder, but I don't think he is in Man Trap, Charlie X, What Are
Little Girls Made Of?, Miri, Court Martial, Errand of Mercy, The Alternative
Factor, Shore Leave, Conscience of the King, Dagger of the Mind, This Side
Of Paradise, Amok Time, Journey to Babel, or Omega Glory.  I do not include
episodes in which he is heard but not seen, if any.
susan

bobn@bmcg.UUCP (Bob Nebert) (07/11/85)