[net.startrek] More serious trivia for "REAL" trekkies.

rem@bu-cs.UUCP (Robert E. Mee) (07/14/85)

Episode: The changeling - NOMAD

Situation:	After NOMAD was incarcerated, Spock performed a Vulcan
		mind probe.

Question:	What was the real name of "the other"? and what was its
		function?

Episode: The ultimate computer

Situation:	Sometime after the M5 had been given control of the enterprise,
		it had an encounter with a robot controlled Federation
		freighter.

Question:	What was the name of the freighter?

Episode: Private Little War

Situation:	After Kirk was bitten by the Mugatoo (guerilla monster),
		and was brought to Tyree's camp, his wife used a special
		root to cure Kirk.

Question:  	What was the name of the root?

Question:	What tribal order was Tyree's wife Nona from?

Live long and prosper.... 'PROMISE'.

					Rob E. Mee  W. Tom Meier
				        DSG operations central
					Boston Univ.

don@umd5.UUCP (07/16/85)

In article <493@bu-cs.UUCP> rem@bu-cs.UUCP (Robert E. Mee) writes:
>Episode: The changeling - NOMAD
>Situation:	After NOMAD was incarcerated, Spock performed a Vulcan
>		mind probe.
>Question:	What was the real name of "the other"? and what was its
>		function?

                 Tanru - Mission was to sterilize soil samples.
>Episode: The ultimate computer
>Situation:	Sometime after the M5 had been given control of the enterprise,
>		it had an encounter with a robot controlled Federation
>		freighter.
>Question:	What was the name of the freighter?
                 The Woden.

--
--==---==---==--

___________      _____ ---- _____
       \        //---- IDIC -----
       _\______//_     ----
        ----------

  ARPA: don@umd5.ARPA   BITNET: don%umd5@umd2
SPOKEN: Chris Sylvain
  UUCP: {seismo,rlgvax,allegra,brl-bmd,nrl-css}!umcp-cs!cvl!umd5!don

root@trwatf.UUCP (Lord Frith) (07/16/85)

In article <493@bu-cs.UUCP> rem@bu-cs.UUCP (Robert E. Mee) writes:

It's really frightening when you can actually REMEMBER this stuff.  And
I haven't seen a Star Trek episode in 8 years.

>Episode: The changeling - NOMAD
>
>Situation:	After NOMAD was incarcerated, Spock performed a Vulcan
>		mind probe.
>
>Question:	What was the real name of "the other"? and what was its
>		function?

Tan-Ru.  Collect and sterilize soil samples... presumably as a
precursor to colinization.

>Episode: Private Little War
>
>Situation:	After Kirk was bitten by the Mugatoo (guerilla monster),
>		and was brought to Tyree's camp, his wife used a special
>		root to cure Kirk.
>
>Question:  	What was the name of the root?

Macco root?

>Question:	What tribal order was Tyree's wife Nona from?

The Republicans?

Actually I think Nona was from the same tribe as Tyree.. HOWEVER
she was a Knutu (Ka-Nutu) woman... one of the local witches.
--

UUCP: ...{decvax,ihnp4,allegra}!seismo!trwatf!root	- Lord Frith
ARPA: trwatf!root@SEISMO

"There is not a single McDonald's in Garrett County"

mary@bunkerb.UUCP (Mary Shurtleff) (07/17/85)

> Episode: The changeling - NOMAD
>
> Situation:	After NOMAD was incarcerated, Spock performed a Vulcan
> 		mind probe.
>
> Question:	What was the real name of "the other"? and what was its
> 		function?

Its name (phonetically, anyway, was Ton-ru, and its function was to pick up
soil samples from planets it found and sterilize them so they wouldn't
contaminate its home base on its return.

M. Shurtleff                           ....decvax!ittvax!bunker!bunkerb!mary