[net.startrek] Girlfriends

elb@mtx5d.UUCP (Ellen Bart) (06/18/85)

[All I ask is a tall ship...]

OKAY --

How many of Kirk's former girlfriends can you name -- both seen
and unseen

ex:  Ruth in Shore Leave
     The little blond lab assistant in Where No Man Has Gone Before

I'd be happey to compile the list of Jim's "conquests"

ellen bart
mtx5d!elb
(until july 3 also at hou5e!elb)

ajf@pyuxa.UUCP (A Figura) (06/19/85)

> How many of Kirk's former girlfriends can you name -- both seen
> and unseen
>
> ex:  Ruth in Shore Leave
> The little blond lab assistant in Where No Man Has Gone Before

One woman that I've always wondered about is Yeoman Rand? I think her
relationship with Jim desrves some general comments from this newsgroup.
What do you think gang?

kek@hoxna.UUCP ( K. E. Kepple) (06/20/85)

[]

> OKAY --

> How many of Kirk's former girlfriends can you name -- both seen
> and unseen

> ex:  Ruth in Shore Leave
>      The little blond lab assistant in Where No Man Has Gone Before

> I'd be happey to compile the list of Jim's "conquests"

I'd be HAPPEY to try!  [ ;-) ]

Yes! Our leader Kirk is a busy one, isn't he?  He frequently seems to
become involved with the female cast! It's strange that the long voyages
seem to affect him more than the others (although Scotty, McCoy and even
Spock have had their flings too - another trivia question?). Maybe he
pulls rank on them. :-)

I can think of a few of Kirk's amorous adventures:

   In TURNABOUT INTRUDER, he suffers the revenge of an old lover he left
   to pursue his career when she swaps places with him. (Dr. Janice Lester).
   She wasn't his type anyway!

   In THE PARADISE SYNDROME, he is married to one of the native women. When
   folks learn he isn't the leader they thought, Kirk is banished and his
   pregnant wife is stoned to death. Don't remember her name. Looked
   good in skins!

   In ELAAN OF TROYIUS, Kirk falls under the spell of the Doleman and it
   seems it is up to the captain to tend to her personal comforts. Anything
   to promote good will among planets, eh?

   In GAMESTERS OF TRISKELION, Kirk becomes very attached to his mentor
   who just happens to be a ravishing blonde Thrallian female. I don't
   remember the name, but she wore an exquisite silvery outfit that didn't
   leave a lot to the imagination. However, she was pretty good with the
   spear in the arena!

   Rayna, the android, made things hard on him in REQUIEM FOR METHUSALAH
   until he found out her secret! Was that a "conquest"? As I recall, she
   was a real bombshell!

   MARK OF GIDEON: Kirk is trapped on fake Enterprise with a girl. His
   unknown assignment is to spread germs. I assume he came through! (Name?).
   Poor lass may have died from interplanetary gonorrhea!

   In BREAD AND CIRCUSES, Kirk's captor provides him with female companionship
   for what was to be his last night. There are no records of her filing
   any complaints! Capt'n Kirk wouldn't let her down!

   In WINK OF AN EYE, he gets it on with the female Scalasian leader. Don't
   remember her name, but boy was she fast! Take it easy on the ol'e Capt'n.

   Seems that he also had eyes for the lady who ran the shelter (soup kitchen)
   in THE CITY ON THE EDGE OF FOREVER. Name escapes me, but played by a
   very beautiful Ms. Collins.

   In THE NAKED TIME, our hero mourns for the beautiful blonde (Yoeman?)....
   "...and no beach to walk on". May have been more wishful thinking than
   a real conquest. She was NICE!

I'm sure there are some more. It's obvious I'm not big on names. Please help!

Ken Kepple
hoxna!kek   datakit: ho/bedrock/fred!kek
AT&T-Bell Labs - Holmdel NJ 07733  201-949-6525  Cornet 8-233-6525
...!{hocda, ihnp4, floyd!vax135!ariel!houti!hogpc}!houxm!houxf!hoxna!kek

cjbiggin@watmath.UUCP (Colin Biggin) (06/20/85)

>One woman that I've always wondered about is Yeoman Rand? I think her
>relationship with Jim desrves some general comments from this newsgroup.
>What do you think gang?

I really don't know how to politely say this without offending
anybody (or everybody), but Janice must do more than clean his
room and take his log ;-).

But this leads to something that has always bothered me.  In
STIII, Spock is going through Ponn Farr, how did he survive
it...  Saavik *WAS* there....   In the next scene he seems
perfectly normal (almost smoking a cigarette).

I apologize if this seems to be leading into a "tacky" sort of
discussion.  But on the other hand, the suggestion of hanky-panky
is definitely there....

--
cheers,
Colin Biggin

"I woke up, blinked my eyes, and it was two hours later !!!"

ccrrick@ucdavis.UUCP (Rick Heli) (06/21/85)

> [All I ask is a tall ship...]
>
> How many of Kirk's former girlfriends can you name -- both seen
> and unseen

Well, there was Helen Noel from Dagger of the Mind...
... Carol Marcus from The Wrath of Khan...
... Edith Keeler from City on the Edge of the Forever is a girlfriend
    from Kirk's past... :-)
... there was Janet (Galway?) from The Deadly Years...
... does Kirk's only wife from The Paradise Syndrome, Miramanee, count?
... and several other casual flings including the episodes ff.:

	The Enemy Within
	What Are Little Girls Made Of?
	Miri
	The Conscience of the King
	Mirror, Mirror
	Catspaw
	Bread & Circuses
	A Private Little War
	Gamesters of Triskelion
	By Any Other Name
	Elaan of Troyius
	Wink of an Eye
	Mark of Gideon
	Requiem for Methuselah
--
					--rick heli
					(... ucbvax!ucdavis!groucho!ccrrick)

ccrrick@ucdavis.UUCP (Rick Heli) (06/21/85)

> > How many of Kirk's former girlfriends can you name -- both seen
> > and unseen
> >
> > ex:  Ruth in Shore Leave
> > The little blond lab assistant in Where No Man Has Gone Before
>
> One woman that I've always wondered about is Yeoman Rand? I think her
> relationship with Jim desrves some general comments from this newsgroup.
> What do you think gang?

Yeoman Rand only appeared in 7 episodes.  I think, however, in that
short period, she and Captain Kirk appeared to having something
going.  I bet this was even a surprise to the writers/producers as I
doubt anything was planned.  They just woke up one day during the
shooting of Miri to find them talking about Janet's legs and having
her crying.  After that, she only appears in one more episode, the
next one, Conscience of the King, where she walks on and off the
bridge, never to be seen again during the normal life of the series.
--
					--rick heli
					(... ucbvax!ucdavis!groucho!ccrrick)

ugzannin@sunybcs.UUCP (Adrian Zannin) (06/27/85)

   Don't forget the episode "Court Martial" with Lt. Finney supposedly
being killed in an ion storm.  One of Kirk's old girlfriends was the
prosecution against him.  I can't seem to remember her name though...

--
     Adrian Zannin
 ..{burdvax,rocksvax,bbncca,decvax,dual,rocksanne,watmath}!sunybcs!ugzannin

ugthomas@sunybcs.UUCP ( Timothy Thomas) (06/27/85)

*** REPLACE THIS LINE WITH A LIST OF KIRK'S GIRLFRIENDS ***

I think it is senseless in trying to compile a list of his
girlfriends.  It has to be a good 85% of the episodes when
either he falls in love with some alien or an old girlfriend
of his pops up.
And a lot of his former girlfriends seem to be out to get him.
The worst case of this was in the last episode, where Janice
Lester took over his body!  (well, that has to be the worst
episode anyways! Even worse than 'Spocks Brain')
Janice was an 'ex' of his, but I think the entire female crew
population was!

--

____________   ____/--\____
\______  ___) (   _    ____)

chrisa@azure.UUCP (Chris Andersen) (06/29/85)

In article <1851@sunybcs.UUCP> ugthomas@sunybcs.UUCP ( Timothy Thomas) writes:
>I think it is senseless in trying to compile a list of his
>girlfriends.  It has to be a good 85% of the episodes when
>either he falls in love with some alien or an old girlfriend
>of his pops up.

Then let's make things easier.  Name the episodes in which Kirk *doesn't* get
the girl.

brown@utflis.UUCP (Susan Brown) (07/04/85)

In article <314@azure.UUCP> chrisa@azure.UUCP (Chris Andersen) writes:
>In article <1851@sunybcs.UUCP> ugthomas@sunybcs.UUCP ( Timothy Thomas) writes:
>>I think it is senseless in trying to compile a list of his
>>girlfriends.  It has to be a good 85% of the episodes when
>>either he falls in love with some alien or an old girlfriend
>>of his pops up.
>
>Then let's make things easier.  Name the episodes in which Kirk *doesn't* get
>the girl.

OK: I take this phrasing of the question to imply that someone else *does*
get the girl.  Therefore - Spock "gets" the girl in This Side of Paradise,
The Enterprise Incident, The Cloud Minders (but Kirk does too - different
girl), and All Our Yesterdays.  I suppose one should include Amok Time.
McCoy gets the girl in Man Trap, Shore Leave, and For the World is Hollow...
We could count Friday's Child in a way.  All three of them have a go, in
their own ways, in Is There in Truth No Beauty? but without any real
success.  Scotty has the girl in Lights of Zetar and Who Mourns for Adonais?
Chekov has the girl in Way to Eden , The Apple and Spectre of the Gun.
I'm ignoring Christine Chapel's pursuit of Spock here of course.  The
interesting thing which this survey seems to reveal is that NBC wasn't
up to giving Sulu (Oriental) or Uhura (Black) these privileges.
Comments? Corrections?

kwc@cvl.UUCP (Kenneth W. Crist Jr.) (07/08/85)

Didn't Uhura get the guy in Plato's Stepchildren? (i.e. Kirk)

		Kenneth Crist, Jr.
		kwc@cvl

wtm@bu-cs.UUCP (W. Tom Meier) (07/08/85)

Uhura did have a few interrests along with Sulu.  They would be:

Uhura__
      Kirk in Plato's Stepchildren (forced but they did kiss)
      an obscure crew member in Man Trap ( the creature turned into him )
      Larz in the Gamesters of Trisckelion ( picked for her )
      Sulu in Mirror Mirror ( the scene by the helm controls )

Sulu__
      Uhura in Mirror Mirror ( but he was not himself so who cares )
      the spoors in This Side of Paradise ( does this count ? )
      an old police special in Shore Leave ( John Wane would have been proud )

W.T.M.

bsw@whuts.UUCP (WALDEN) (07/09/85)

> Didn't Uhura get the guy in Plato's Stepchildren? (i.e. Kirk)
>
> 		Kenneth Crist, Jr.
> 		kwc@cvl

	Yes, and it was network television's first inter-racial kiss.

   Brian Walden
   ...!ihnp4!whuts!bsw

"... And they hypnotized Orson Wells into covering it up. First he says there's
an invasion from Mars, then he says, 'no, no, it was just a radio show hoax.'
Get it?"  -- Sydney "New Jersey" Zwabell

swc@cbscc.UUCP (Scott W. Collins) (07/09/85)

~
> From: brown@utflis.UUCP (Susan Brown)
> Subject: Re: Girlfriends
> I'm ignoring Christine Chapel's pursuit of Spock here of course.  The
> interesting thing which this survey seems to reveal is that NBC wasn't
> up to giving Sulu (Oriental) or Uhura (Black) these privileges.
> Comments? Corrections?

Well, Uhura did encounter a tall dark stranger who was really the
salt monster.  She also kissed Kirk in Plato's Stepchildren (?).

Then ~Sulu (in Mirror, Mirror ?) wanted to "get it on" with Uhura.

Brief Encounters of the Close Kind...ST X.

Say, can people name the episodes in which characters were forced
(or by external means) to do things?

Scott

(" Scotty! Get us outta here!"
 " OTAY, Cap'n, but this is Lt. Buttwheat!")

sag@ihlpl.UUCP (Gore) (07/10/85)

> ~
> > From: brown@utflis.UUCP (Susan Brown)
> > Subject: Re: Girlfriends
> > I'm ignoring Christine Chapel's pursuit of Spock here of course.  The
> > interesting thing which this survey seems to reveal is that NBC wasn't
> > up to giving Sulu (Oriental) or Uhura (Black) these privileges.
> > Comments? Corrections?
> >

> Well, Uhura did encounter a tall dark stranger who was really the
> salt monster.  She also kissed Kirk in Plato's Stepchildren (?).
>
> Then ~Sulu (in Mirror, Mirror ?) wanted to "get it on" with Uhura.
>
> Brief Encounters of the Close Kind...ST X.
>
> Say, can people name the episodes in which characters were forced
> (or by external means) to do things?
>
> Scott
>
> (" Scotty! Get us outta here!"
>  " OTAY, Cap'n, but this is Lt. Buttwheat!")

Plato's Stepchildren:  Spock, Kirk, Uhura, McCoy, and Chapel were all forced to
play out roles

Mission(?): Annihilate:  Spock was controlled for awhile by spores of the
flying fried egg-looking things.

This Side of Paradise:  Whole crew, with the exception of Kirk, taken over
by peace-loving spores.

Day of the Doves:  Enterprise crew and a Klingon crew controlled by creatore
who fed of anger and hate.u
ff anger and hate.
!:

Charlie X:  Charlie controlled Enterprise crew.

Lights of Zitar:  Creatures take over Scotty's girlfriend.

That's all I can come up with off the top of my head!

S. Gore

LLP

 \\//
\

hkr4627@acf4.UUCP (Hedley K. J. Rainnie) (07/20/85)

     That you know of our existence and advertise it to your world will
have no impact on our plans. For we know who you are, Buckaroo Banzai, and
we ARE here....